Bristol uni accommodation 2021

Watch this thread
orla2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm starting at Bristol uni this September!

I've been trying to decide my accommodation preferences. For a start I know that I want to be in Stoke Bishop, and I am swinging between Hiatt Baker, Wills, Churchill and Badock.
Ideally somewhere with good parties and social life (heard Hiatt Baker is good for that). But I also really love the old-style buildings of Wills and Churchill, although they've got reputations for being posh s******s... is that actually true? I have had a year out so I'll be a year older than lots of people too (something to bare in mind maybe??)

Catered, non-catered, room size, en suites...really don't have a preference.

Are Wills and Churchill are as sociable as HB and Badock? And can they throw decent parties or is it just fancy gowns and formals?
Also does it actually make any difference what I put down or is it mostly random where you end up?

Thank you thank you !
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
In general yeah, Wills and Churchill are renowned for the very well off private school kids that reside in them due to the expense of catered accommodation being out of reach for most.
Badock has a reputation in particular for being the most party and drug central whereas hiatt has a very good social life but not to the same extent where badock it’s completely constant. I think generally if you are in SB you are guaranteed a pretty good nightlife wherever you are!
They try to take into account where you *want* to be but if you don’t have any particular medical needs or like requests about same sex flat etc your *wants* sort of get pushed to the side but if you aren’t concerned about en-suite etc then you are probably just better off going for a standard room as en-suite is the most competitive in all accommodations that have them so makes it harder to get!
I am also hoping to start in September and am torn between Hiatt and Orchard heights but due to personal reasons I need an en-suite so it’s important to me meaning I’m swaying more towards orchard.
Tbh where ever you go, if you put the effort in you will have a good social life is what I’ve heard ☺️
orla2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Wannabevet133)
In general yeah, Wills and Churchill are renowned for the very well off private school kids that reside in them due to the expense of catered accommodation being out of reach for most.
Badock has a reputation in particular for being the most party and drug central whereas hiatt has a very good social life but not to the same extent where badock it’s completely constant. I think generally if you are in SB you are guaranteed a pretty good nightlife wherever you are!
They try to take into account where you *want* to be but if you don’t have any particular medical needs or like requests about same sex flat etc your *wants* sort of get pushed to the side but if you aren’t concerned about en-suite etc then you are probably just better off going for a standard room as en-suite is the most competitive in all accommodations that have them so makes it harder to get!
I am also hoping to start in September and am torn between Hiatt and Orchard heights but due to personal reasons I need an en-suite so it’s important to me meaning I’m swaying more towards orchard.
Tbh where ever you go, if you put the effort in you will have a good social life is what I’ve heard ☺️

Wicked, thanks that really helps (: I'll probably put down the standard room and no preference for the other options. I don't think I want to be around just expensive private school kids (I'm not one so don't think I'd fit in that well!) but you'd think they try to have a variety of people in each college, out of the ones that apply.
Yea I agree, I think, in general, the whole uni seems really sociable, and hopefully we'll be able to mix with other colleges a bit more than the 2020 year with covid being less of a thing. Fingers crossed! Hope you're happy with your accomodation outcome xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads