?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone know what question 5 was?
unknown423
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People have become obsessed with travelling ever further and faster. However, travel is expensive, dangerous, damaging and a foolish waste of time!’
Write an article for a news website in which you argue your point of view on this
statement.
(24 marks for content and organisation 16 marks for technical accuracy) [40 marks]
You are advised to plan your answer to Question 5 before you start to write.

(P.S. I have written a response to this, I got 37/40 and I am willing to help)
mg124
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by unknown423)
People have become obsessed with travelling ever further and faster. However, travel is expensive, dangerous, damaging and a foolish waste of time!’
Write an article for a news website in which you argue your point of view on this
statement.
(24 marks for content and organisation 16 marks for technical accuracy) [40 marks]

oh really? could you send that to me please? that would help a lot
Mandy.acc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
statement.

Omdss I would love to get some help because I’ve been stressing out so much especially I’ve got the same exam tomorrow but I need to do section a first and another day section b. Can you help me?
unknown423
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mandy.acc)
Omdss I would love to get some help because I’ve been stressing out so much especially I’ve got the same exam tomorrow but I need to do section a first and another day section b. Can you help me?
Heyy i have already sent my section b answerrrrrr! do you need section A too? (if you do, could you pls tell me what’s it about so I can see if I have done it because I don’t remember lol 😂)
keannu1994
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know what ab article should include to get the highest marks. anything teachers would look for when marking them?
Mandy.acc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyy i have already sent my section b answerrrrrr! do you need section A too? (if you do, could you pls tell me what’s it about so I can see if I have done it because I don’t remember lol 😂)
Oooo girl Yesss you are a life saver 🤧

Question 3 you need to refer only to source A from line 23 to 31.
How does the writer use language to describe how he feels.

Question 4
For this question, you need to refer to the whole of source A and B.
Compare how the writers convey their different feelings and perspectives on their adventures in the mountains.Attachment 1019111Attachment 1019112
Last edited by Mandy.acc; 1 month ago
username5742901
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mandy.acc)
Oooo girl Yesss you are a life saver 🤧

Question 3 you need to refer only to source A from line 23 to 31.
How does the writer use language to describe how he feels.

Question 4
For this question, you need to refer to the whole of source A and B.
Compare how the writers convey their different feelings and perspectives on their adventures in the mountains.Attachment 1019111Attachment 1019112
Hi thanks for sending the questions but the insert attachments say not found. Do you mind saying what the sources are?
mazzachh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can u plz help me out too i need some model answers for each question urgentlyy
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do not share locked papers.
Fiz123nfjdnskks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
statement.

I need help on question 3 for paper 2 it’s about Marius
Fiz123nfjdnskks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PhoebeP123)
Hi thanks for sending the questions but the insert attachments say not found. Do you mind saying what the sources are?
Have you done this question yet
Amy332033
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know what the question 2 section A questions were on
mazzachh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
e

(Original post by Amy332033)
does anyone know what the question 2 section A questions were on
yeh but can u help out with model answer for it.
q2 is Both writers are accompanied by another person on their adventure: Simon in
Source A, and Marius in Source B.
Use details from both sources to write a summary of what you understand about the
differences between the two companions, Simon and Marius.
Amy332033
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i

(Original post by mazzachh)
e

yeh but can u help out with model answer for it.
q2 is Both writers are accompanied by another person on their adventure: Simon in
Source A, and Marius in Source B.
Use details from both sources to write a summary of what you understand about the
differences between the two companions, Simon and Marius.
is this for a level????
Omar123412
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
statement.

Could I have your response please
nefeli_tsir
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You might not have thought about travelling the world; 19-year-old Amelia Kepner is already the youngest person to have visited every country on Earth!

Most people might find travel “dangerous”, “damaging” and “a foolish waste of time”, however, most people are just overwhelmed by the cost and the energy they would have to put into planning it.

“I’d really love to travel, but I can’t afford it.” Is one of the greatest reasons people give for being unable to travel.

Travel can be costly and extremely expensive; Many European countries, as well as Canada and Dubai, have incredibly high costs of living and therefore travelling to these countries will be costly. Yes, travelling to Antarctica can cost you a fortune but if you’re dreaming of the ultimate budget travel adventure, you may have to edit your list and cut many places – like the South Pole – out.

Cost is also one of the biggest misconceptions of why a person can’t travel. Sure, travel can be expensive. Go to San Francisco, Shanghai, Sao Paulo or any other major city throughout the developed world, and costs will be high. But for every Tokyo and Berlin, there’s also a Rio and Nairobi (quite reasonable, I reckon).

Travel can be affordable. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be a millionaire or a celebrity in order to travel. Saving a little here and there can help you a lot in the long run. A little can go a long way: being a bargain hunter and looking for alternative lodgings can pay off. If you choose destinations where the cost of living is low, for example, Southeast Asia or Central America, a month of your salary could easily last you two, three, maybe even four months in these places.

Most people view travelling as something that is time consuming and feel as though they will be squandering time if they do travel. “I’d rather work than travel as I would get paid and would be able to live within the comfort of my home.” Most people who fall into this category, depend on television travel shows or YouTube travel vlogs as their main source of disconnecting from their daily life. Although, this is more of a time and cost-efficient approach of looking and somewhat ‘travelling’ the world while remaining in your comfort zone, it doesn’t truly benefit you.

“Then how does travel benefit you?”, some may question.

Instead of spending time at home, or on your television, you spend time in either a car, a bus, a plane or waiting at airports and bus stations. Although, this might seem like a waste of time, travelling does expand your knowledge and your social skills. You are most likely to learn

how to communicate with other people in an airport or a bus station than while sitting on your bed with a tub of ice-cream, watching a television travel show. Travelling makes you more independent, more confident and more adventurous. Travel also allows you to: broaden your horizon and expand your world view, which can help you make better decisions in the future, it helps you meet many new people and to make really good friends for a lifetime, it helps you develop your character and you will be able to profit your whole life from the experiences you made traveling abroad, it can boost your career as many renowned firms require you to spend at least few months abroad if you want to have the chance to get a job in those companies.

“Travel could damage my mental health and my stress levels will intensify because of the language barriers, disrupted routine, culture shock and lack of familiar support systems”.

As a person who previously had severe anxiety, I can guarantee you that travelling has helped me gain control over my anxiety as it gave me control over my life. In the beginning, I was running away from my fears, but later, I began to run towards them. While travelling, I found myself having to face my fears on a daily basis - after all, I was terrified of mostly everything. Although I could have run away from them, it got to the point where I no longer wanted to. So, I took a bus instead of spending 10 times as much on a plane ticket, and I survived. I realised that it wasn’t really all that hard. I ate a cockroach and didn’t get food poisoning and die. I lied down on the edge of a cliff and didn’t fall. After so many horrible experiences, I realised that my anxiety was nearly always caused by me worrying about the worst-case scenario. As I travelled, it became clear that the worst-case scenario often did come true for me. Yet, it was never as bad as I thought it would be. I’d take a deep breath; I’d deal with it and I’d move on. After doing that several hundred times, I began to stop worrying as much as I used to. Still don’t believe me? A survey that was taken in 2017 proved that travel improves mental health while reducing stress and anxiety by 75%.

Many people tried to discourage my idea of travelling every three months; “Travelling will be costly and exhausting; do you really think you can do this?”. “You might get sick, stuck or lost; travelling isn’t for you.” Although these factors did cross my mind at some point, my main goal was to learn while I was on an adventure. I wanted to grow. I can’t tell you that I never felt lost or exhausted, but although I did feel drained, sick, stuck, lost and lonely, and sleeping on a new bed every night or two, did feel weird, travelling has helped me discover the best version of myself. Over the last 6 years of travelling, I have learnt to: adapt to and experience different cultures, learn new languages, force myself out of my comfort zone, get over my eating disorder and try new foods, deal with stress, make new friends and memories that will last a lifetime.

You might feel as though travelling isn’t for you and that it is “too challenging”, but what fun is it if you don’t face your challenges? I doubt sitting in bed, scrolling through Instagram posts of people travelling the world, and muttering “this could never be me” to yourself is much more pathetic than actually trying to overcome and face your fears. Ask yourself again, is travelling expensive, dangerous, damaging and a foolish waste of time? Or are you just lazy and terrified of taking chances?

If you are just lazy and terrified of taking chances, remember that Asimov once addressed to us that his “philosophy of life (was) that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.” Hence, choose wisely.

37/40

(I hope this helps )
Hi, I was wondering, can you write some responses for each question or even some quotes I can pick out with their analysis? I’m struggling a lot🥺 thank you😁
mariaxox_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I really need help with Section A if you could help me. I have the paper and insert for anyone who needs it
Queen0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can someone send it to me please, I have this tomorrow!!
blobfishhhhhhh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mg124)
oh really? could you send that to me please? that would help a lot
can i please see it too ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (114)
40.86%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.53%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (64)
22.94%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.47%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.81%

Watched Threads