has anyone stayed at or considered canvas in wembley?

Watch this thread
makoshil
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm going to uni of westminster on the harrow campus in september but i really don't like the halls there :') i've been considering canvas in wembley since it's only like 10-15 mins away (tube+walk)

all i know is that it was recently renovated in 2020 and has been taken under new management since, so there's no reviews or anything online. i believe it was called barnard point under nido and there are few reviews

so what i really want to know is:
(1) does anyone have an experience at canvas wembley or have you considered it?
(2) how is wembley itself as an area? e.g. are there many uni students, how's the night life, is it relatively safe, etc.

thank you!
Last edited by makoshil; 1 year ago
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey. Congrats on your offer! I’m not a student but I’m in Wembley quite a lot as I live near there. Depending on the part of wembley we’re talking about, it’s a nice area, because of wembley stadium and the sse arena there’s a lot of restaurants and relatively good night life. Have you considered the unitevstudents in wembley?
makoshil
Rep:
(Original post by wizkid44)
Hey. Congrats on your offer! I’m not a student but I’m in Wembley quite a lot as I live near there. Depending on the part of wembley we’re talking about, it’s a nice area, because of wembley stadium and the sse arena there’s a lot of restaurants and relatively good night life. Have you considered the unitevstudents in wembley?
thank you! i have had a look at it before and it does look pretty decent. reviews were a bit iffy which is what put me off it, but i guess it's like that in most places. have you stayed there before?
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by makoshil)
thank you! i have had a look at it before and it does look pretty decent. reviews were a bit iffy which is what put me off it, but i guess it's like that in most places. have you stayed there before?
Ah okay, I stayed in there for a little over a week during my NCS. When I was there I thought it was really good and the kitchen was nice too, but ofc that was only short term. Only downside is that it’s so close to wembley stadium so the match day was a bit noisy
makoshil
Rep:
(Original post by wizkid44)
Ah okay, I stayed in there for a little over a week during my NCS. When I was there I thought it was really good and the kitchen was nice too, but ofc that was only short term. Only downside is that it’s so close to wembley stadium so the match day was a bit noisy
ooh ok yeah i can already imagine the noise :') thanks a lot!!
yz.hazel
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey I'm considering booking with Canvas in Walthamstow, and same as you, I couldn't find any reviews! I contacted them for a virtual tour and am waiting for a reply. Have you found out more about them that you can share? x
makoshil
Rep:
(Original post by yz.hazel)
Hey I'm considering booking with Canvas in Walthamstow, and same as you, I couldn't find any reviews! I contacted them for a virtual tour and am waiting for a reply. Have you found out more about them that you can share? x
hi! i don't really know much but I ended up booking with them because i didnt like any other places that much. i called them a little while ago so i do know for the wembley one, that for this current year has about 40% of people being 1st years and the rest are 2nd yr+ and mature students. they also said that residents have said the walls arent terribly thin like other places. the amount of people in flat vary from 4-10. also, you should be able to find the virtual tour just on their website! if you want any questions answered best thing to do is just call them and see what they say :-)
Juno_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by makoshil)
hi! i don't really know much but I ended up booking with them because i didnt like any other places that much. i called them a little while ago so i do know for the wembley one, that for this current year has about 40% of people being 1st years and the rest are 2nd yr+ and mature students. they also said that residents have said the walls arent terribly thin like other places. the amount of people in flat vary from 4-10. also, you should be able to find the virtual tour just on their website! if you want any questions answered best thing to do is just call them and see what they say :-)
Hi! Have you moved into Canvas Wembley now? How is the place? I’m looking to book it.
Elenihm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! How was staying at Canvas? Are people social and do they organise events for students- residents? You could help a lot, because I’m thinking of booking this year. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (13)
31.71%
Take a gap year (10)
24.39%
Resit my exams (7)
17.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (5)
12.2%
I don't know yet (3)
7.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
7.32%

Watched Threads