what is happening in Palestine?

Original post by Hazzz01
#freepalestine
Where is your family from?
Do you speak Hebrew?
Do you observe Shabbat?
Original post by Anonymous
This is an AMA not post you viewpoint thread, go do that somewhere else

okay, let me ask you a q. Do you agree with the movement?
Original post by black tea
Where is your family from?
Do you speak Hebrew?
Do you observe Shabbat?

Engand, yes and yes
Did/do you go to a Jewish school?
What do you do/want to do when you are older?
Reply 27
I’m Jewish and Ik I’m not the OP but Zionism as an ideology/national movement was established in reaction to antisemitism in Europe. In m my opinion, being anti-Zionist can be (but is not always) antisemitic, as, today, Israel is a state of over 9 million people with a distinct Israeli identity. If you’re anti-Zionist, you’re then calling for the destruction of that identity/nation. In my opinion, it depends why that is. If it’s because you don’t like Jews, obviously that’s antisemitic. But if it’s because of the current/historical situation regarding Palestine, then that’s obviously different. I wouldn’t class that as antisemitism so long the solution proposed doesn’t call for the destruction of Jews or a Jewish identity basically.
Reply 28
Original post by sy!¡
#freepalestine

Ngl you might have that view but I think it’s pretty bigoted to post that on a thread made specifically by a Jewish person. They also did not say that they’re Israeli.

You could’ve posted that literally anywhere else on the site…
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Luka9
Ngl you might have that view but I think it’s pretty bigoted to post that on a thread made specifically by a Jewish person. You could’ve posted that literally anywhere else on the site…

cool, but my original post still stands:tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by sy!¡
cool, but my original post still stands:tongue:

They didn’t say that they’re Israeli.
Original post by Luka9
They didn’t say that they’re Israeli.

indeed. but my original post still stands :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by sy!¡
indeed. but my original post still stands :tongue:

So if a Muslim were to make an AMA about being Muslim, would you then bring up an issue about free the Kurds in Turkey or the situation of women’s rights in Saudi Arabia? Or would you think that was bigoted and inappropriate?
Original post by Luka9
So if a Muslim were to make an AMA about being Muslim, would you then bring up an issue about free the Kurds in Turkey or the situation of women’s rights in Saudi Arabia? Or would you think that was bigoted and inappropriate?

well i’m actually muslim and i wouldn’t think it’s inappropriate to bring up those topics because those are real issues that need addressing. muslims aren’t perfect.
Do you like Larry David and curb your enthusiasm?
Reply 35
how are you today :biggrin:
Reply 36
Yo.
Would you ever eat halal meat if kosher wasn't available (similar to how some muslims do)
Original post by Luka9
Exactly, so why do you feel so entitled to post about Palestine in a Jewish person’s thread? Being a Jew is being part of a religion, not a nation state. The OP could be a citizen of any state in the world. It’s just basic decency tbh, and no one should feel intimidated to post about themselves because of comments like yours.

prsom
I am all for Palestine, but I completely agree with you that it is inappropriate in this context.
Does being asked about Palestine and Zionism every time you mention your religion get annoying?

Latest

Trending

Trending