Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm coming to the end of first year at Salford University and I've passed every module except one. I didn't submit any of the assignments for it and missed the in-year retrieval date. Will I have to retake the whole of first year or can I progress to second year while resitting the module?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need to check your degree regulations, and/or ask your personal tutor.
Last edited by ageshallnot; 1 week ago
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm coming to the end of first year at Salford University and I've passed every module except one. I didn't submit any of the assignments for it and missed the in-year retrieval date. Will I have to retake the whole of first year or can I progress to second year while resitting the module?
Hi there!

Congratulations on nearly finishing your first year at University!!

I would suggest contacting your department as they should be able to advise you with what would happen next. If your not sure who to contact them I would advise contacting your personal tutor like the person above has suggested. Every university is different so it is best check from your department about what happens when you fail a module. I know people from my university who failed and had to redo the module, however this may different at your university, so I definitely recommend to check.

I hope this helps, and gives you some advice on what to do. Please keep me updated with what happens and try not to worry about it! Your university will be there to support and advice you on what happens next!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The best person to advise on this would be your course tutor. Do you have any extenuating circumstances for not submitting any assignments? Definitely arrange a time to speak to them to gain some advice on how to proceed. Not doing anything will just make things worse.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello!

Congratulations on nearly finishing your degree!

I would recommend emailing your personal tutor or your University's Academic Study Support team who can provide you with the best advice on whether that one module will count. Sometimes you will need to pass all modules, but it could always be the case that one lowest scoring module can be excluded from your overall grade. Better to ask and see!

Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (101)
71.63%
No (40)
28.37%

Watched Threads