This year hasn't gone as I hoped

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Last year I was at home pretty much the whole year because I started college but I dropped out because I just wasn't motivated to continue and didn't like it. I only went a week and dropped out then was at home unbusy while everyone else was going to college working towards a future, I was at home, sometimes going to macdonalds and I was just coming home playing games all day. After a few months I realised my family working while I was just on my Nintendo switch, at this point I was sharing rooms with my brother because his room was getting work done and I was just at home thinking everyone is busy working, my family is, we have builders working hard and I was at home playing with this stupid Nintendo Switch and I realised its bad I need to sort myself out. At this point covid came but I had a sibling doing online classes with school, my brother was working, my family was working and I was on my stupid games.

I started to think what was the reasoning behind quitting college, I could have stayed, been busy and sorted out my future then I could have come home to play games because it was only 3 days a week as well. I thought in September I'll go back because I can't continue staying at home doing nothing, it's embarrassing, my family weren't happy, it was making me*depressed*tbh and it's not going to look good 8n my future. I went back to that college, applied, I told the staff about my situation saying I'm going to retry this year and they were alright they told me when my induction was then gave me an I'd badge. I started induction and it was alright. The problem is only 1 maybe 2 months in I realised I don't like it again, I continued but I didn't like it, I was feeling*depressed*and stuff. Im still there now but I thought when I started this year will be a fresh start but its not, I have been feeling down a lot recently and much more last year. I was happier last year doing nothing than coming to college, one of the main reasons for going back to college was so I could be happier, meet new people or friends but to be honest people in my group have made fun of me especially at the start and I have not really made any good friends. I thought before September this is going to be a much better year but it really hasn't. I'm just unsure what to do anymore because things haven’t worked out really.
Judith.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Last year I was at home pretty much the whole year because I started college but I dropped out because I just wasn't motivated to continue and didn't like it. I only went a week and dropped out then was at home unbusy while everyone else was going to college working towards a future, I was at home, sometimes going to macdonalds and I was just coming home playing games all day. After a few months I realised my family working while I was just on my Nintendo switch, at this point I was sharing rooms with my brother because his room was getting work done and I was just at home thinking everyone is busy working, my family is, we have builders working hard and I was at home playing with this stupid Nintendo Switch and I realised its bad I need to sort myself out. At this point covid came but I had a sibling doing online classes with school, my brother was working, my family was working and I was on my stupid games.

I started to think what was the reasoning behind quitting college, I could have stayed, been busy and sorted out my future then I could have come home to play games because it was only 3 days a week as well. I thought in September I'll go back because I can't continue staying at home doing nothing, it's embarrassing, my family weren't happy, it was making me*depressed*tbh and it's not going to look good 8n my future. I went back to that college, applied, I told the staff about my situation saying I'm going to retry this year and they were alright they told me when my induction was then gave me an I'd badge. I started induction and it was alright. The problem is only 1 maybe 2 months in I realised I don't like it again, I continued but I didn't like it, I was feeling*depressed*and stuff. Im still there now but I thought when I started this year will be a fresh start but its not, I have been feeling down a lot recently and much more last year. I was happier last year doing nothing than coming to college, one of the main reasons for going back to college was so I could be happier, meet new people or friends but to be honest people in my group have made fun of me especially at the start and I have not really made any good friends. I thought before September this is going to be a much better year but it really hasn't. I'm just unsure what to do anymore because things haven’t worked out really.
What do you want to do in the future? Like do you have a job in mind or career?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (16)
27.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.78%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
61.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads