Lorenaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi! I'm interested in doing an EPQ in the subject of Psychology, which is one of my A-Levels. However I am struggling with finding ideas or a direction of a title I want to go in. I'm currently in Year 12, and will actually start writing my 5,000 essay in the Summer , if this EPQ goes to plan - otherwise I may have to drop it if it gets too stressful for me or interferes with my other two A-Levels. There is one question I do have though, and that is if my school does not cover certain Year 2 topics such as: Eating Behaviour, Stress, Addiction, etc (because my school has chosen different topics) would I be able to do my EPQ on one that we don't cover? Or would it not be allowed since it's still on the official specification? Regardless of that I do have a couple of different angles I may want to go in: What is Dissociative Identity Disorder (Split Personality Disorder) and how is it demonised in today’s society?. To what extent do biological and environmental factors cause eating disorders? (Mention of different types of eating disorders). Or finally, Narcissism (I don't know what my title would be for that, maybe I would talk about Narcissistic Personality Disorder?)

Let me know!
sumayaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
im pretty sure you can do it as long as it doesnt come up in your content or exam board in year 12 and year 13. I wish i knew that before i started EPQ. Ask a teacher tho as every school may be different. good luck!
Lorenaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
im pretty sure you can do it as long as it doesnt come up in your content or exam board in year 12 and year 13. I wish i knew that before i started EPQ. Ask a teacher tho as every school may be different. good luck!
My school picked Schizophrenia, Gender and Forensic Psychology as their optional topics for Year 13.

These are the other optional topics that my school could have chosen out of (that are part of the official specification), but didn't:

- Relationships
- Cognition and development
- Eating behaviour
- Stress
- Aggression
- Addiction

So I'm not sure if because we don't cover it at my school, that means I can choose it, as it's still technically part of the spec.
Last edited by Lorenaaa; 4 months ago
sumayaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lorenaaa)
My school picked Schizophrenia, Gender and Forensic Psychology as their optional topics for Year 13.

These are the other optional topics that my school could have chosen out of (that are part of the official specification), but didn't:

- Relationships
- Cognition and development
- Eating behaviour
- Stress
- Aggression
- Addiction

So I'm not sure if because we don't cover it at my school, that means I can choose it, as it's still technically part of the spec.
ah i see. sorry i meant as long as YOU dont cover it, it should be fine. But be weary that your school could choose to change topics so its a risky one.
You should have an EPQ teacher so ask them for clarification since again, im not 100% sure sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.65%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
16.28%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (5)
11.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (4)
9.3%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (17)
39.53%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
18.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise