Can a 14 year old watch an 18 at a cinema

Watch this thread
Luke2427
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can a 14 year old watch an 18 at a cinema?...

OBVIOUSLY, I let my 13 and 14 year old watch an 18 at home I mean who doesn’t. But me and my kids ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HALLOWEEN FILMS. And we really want to watch the new one at the cinema when it comes out. Would they let us in to watch it. I think they won’t care less as it’s down to the parents and my teens are very mature and know what’s right and not... so would they be ok letting a 14yr old to watch an 18 rated film in a UK (UK) 🇬🇧 cinema?????
Slx.24
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
It depends what kind of 18 it is quite obviously. It's your call use your judgement. If you think the film is too gory etc. It goes without saying if it's explicit content then they shouldn't be seeing it. But yeah as imo there's nothing too wrong about it if you think they are "mature" enough to perhaps watch some thriller/horror
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No as it is UK law.
No one under 18 can be admitted.

What you show them in your own home is your own judgement call.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 year ago
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don't think you'd be allowed to take anyone under 18 into the cinema for an 18 film. Maybe I'm old- fashioned, but I think the gradings are there for a reason and if a film is graded as an 18, the content is usually inappropriate for anyone younger.
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Oops my bad didn't see properly. Yeah if it's an 18 in the cinema idk if u can let them in in the first place
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
In the cinema I don't think so - it's likely that if you look underage you will need to present some form of ID. At home there it is a matter of personal judgement. Films are rated aged 18 for a reason, it is likely inappropriate to show some elements or themes of the films to a younger audience such as sexual violence, severe blood and gore or BDSM etc.
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Luke2427)
I think they won’t care less as it’s down to the parents and my teens are very mature and know what’s right and not

The ratings are not simply guidelines or up to the parents to decide whether they apply to their sprogs (that idea stops at 12A), they're legal points of entry the cinemas must enforce when admitting viewers. You're not gonna be allowed to take your kids in, no matter how mature you tell the cashier they are.
Last edited by username612415; 1 year ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No, that’s why it’s called an 18 :facepalm2:
MatthewAteYou
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I hate that my intuition was well, fourteen year-olds now probably see the equivalent online anyway...

Still. The gradings are there for a reason... a movie in a cinema is quite different to at home, so bear that in mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.46%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.82%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.17%

Watched Threads