Invective
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,

Due to COVID, all my exams are online, essay-based, fully-referenced 24-hour exams; I have to write two 1500 word essays in a day. This is worrying me because there is a lot of uncertainty.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can prepare and do well for these?
Bluemuffin225
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I’m also a biomed student and I had exams like the ones your describing in my first semester. To prepare I turned all my notes on the topics we covered into essay plans and added links to relevant literature/articles to make it a bit easier on the day.

I also used OneNote for my notes so I could search up key words quickly. The exam itself takes a while to complete I had one like yours with 2 essays but it had an additional short answer question section and it took me 17 hours to complete!

Make sure you start the exam as soon as it’s released and stay hydrated through the day, set alarms on your phone so you remember to take breaks. Don’t pull an all nighter revising the night before because it’s more useful to be fully rested and energised on the exam day.

Good luck for your exam I’m sure you’ll do really well
Last edited by Bluemuffin225; 1 month ago
Invective
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Bluemuffin225)
Hi,

I’m also a biomed student and I had exams like the ones your describing in my first semester. To prepare I turned all my notes on the topics we covered into essay plans and added links to relevant literature/articles to make it a bit easier on the day.

I also used OneNote for my notes so I could search up key words quickly. The exam itself takes a while to complete I had one like yours with 2 essays but it had an additional short answer question section and it took me 17 hours to complete!

Make sure you start the exam as soon as it’s released and stay hydrated through the day, set alarms on your phone so you remember to take breaks. Don’t pull an all nighter revising the night before because it’s more useful to be fully rested and energised on the exam day.

Good luck for your exam I’m sure you’ll do really well
Just to clarify, did you prepare essay plans for each learning objective?

Thank you! This helps more than you know.
Bluemuffin225
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Invective)
Just to clarify, did you prepare essay plans for each learning objective?

Thank you! This helps more than you know.
It okay! I’m glad I could help and yes I created essay plans based on each learning objectives, on the day I still needed to do some extra research but because I had already got some articles and key points/links to useful textbooks I found it so much easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (228)
43.43%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.33%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.33%

Watched Threads