Bus22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys, just wanted to ask for your opinions on the exams next year. Do you think A level exams will still be going ahead next year?

I'm hoping that we might get reduced content that we need to revise for or something, I don't feel confident doing the whole paper!

What are your opinions?
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There has been speculation about this already. I think it will likely be wait and see. You would hope if the road map goes as planned given some of the things that may be allowed in June exams would be doable next year. I personally think we may see some modifications. My sister was really upset about the idea though and was just praying they happen as she feels like she needs to at least get the chance to prove herself as GCSEs for the next a level cohort were also disrupted
xsha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bus22)
Hi guys, just wanted to ask for your opinions on the exams next year. Do you think A level exams will still be going ahead next year?

I'm hoping that we might get reduced content that we need to revise for or something, I don't feel confident doing the whole paper!

What are your opinions?
I hope they have some sort of examination be it reduced content or a mix of predicted and exams. Although I don't really want an exam considering how much I'm struggling rn due to the whole christmass lockdown but it is needed since we cannot possibly go into uni without some sort of exam. How are your A-levels so far?
sydneydulson
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I HIIIIGHLY doubt that we will go without sitting exams. The whole exam fiasco last year was tragic. Luckily more was implemented for this year but it wasn't any easier. I am beyond stressed if it is teacher predicted despite doing pretty well in AS so far, this is because I got screwed over for GCSES despite doing well. I want to prove myself and I want to have felt that I have earnt my grades
Bus22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by xsha)
I hope they have some sort of examination be it reduced content or a mix of predicted and exams. Although I don't really want an exam considering how much I'm struggling rn due to the whole christmass lockdown but it is needed since we cannot possibly go into uni without some sort of exam. How are your A-levels so far?
All my teachers have been telling me to expect to sit the exams

My A levels are overall going pretty well, thank you for asking! I just finished my mocks for the year and it was so stressful revising for it, I can't even imagine how I'll be next year! We started our second year work and wow, it's already so much harder.

How are yours? <3
lifestartsnow.x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bus22)

What are your opinions?
I also want some reductions in content. It isn't fair to expect us to sit the full thing when year 12 has been so disrupted for us, but equally we really do need the exam experience. Although it's not a competition, I definitely think we've had it the hardest :/
bleeblahbleh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been told it may be teacher assessed grades with part exams which is why they are doing loads of exams so that they have the paperwork ready. I'm personally really scared about doing exams, I always mess up in exams due to my anxiety but I'm perfectly fine in class. I was really happy with the mock we did in winter-ish as we did them remotely and I felt comfortable completing them, but I can't imagine that ever happening. My confidence has taken the fattest knockdown as I've been out of school so much, people kept getting covid and now when I got back into the routine, my mum and sister got covid, and now I've got covid with mocks next week :/ i personally have no idea how i'm going to get through lol
sydneydulson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bleeblahbleh)
I've been told it may be teacher assessed grades with part exams which is why they are doing loads of exams so that they have the paperwork ready. I'm personally really scared about doing exams, I always mess up in exams due to my anxiety but I'm perfectly fine in class. I was really happy with the mock we did in winter-ish as we did them remotely and I felt comfortable completing them, but I can't imagine that ever happening. My confidence has taken the fattest knockdown as I've been out of school so much, people kept getting covid and now when I got back into the routine, my mum and sister got covid, and now I've got covid with mocks next week :/ i personally have no idea how i'm going to get through lol
Who's told you it will be teacher assessed? Just because a teacher has expressed his/her opinion doesn't mean it is true. They cannot afford to not let us do A-levels considering we didn't do GCSE. We most likely will get reduced content.
bleeblahbleh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sydneydulson)
Who's told you it will be teacher assessed? Just because a teacher has expressed his/her opinion doesn't mean it is true. They cannot afford to not let us do A-levels considering we didn't do GCSE. We most likely will get reduced content.
My bad, I meant my teachers said there might be a chance it's teacher-assessed, and in case it is they've been collecting proof for it ie loads of tests
sydneydulson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bleeblahbleh)
My bad, I meant my teachers said there might be a chance it's teacher-assessed, and in case it is they've been collecting proof for it ie loads of tests
Fair enough, it is smart for them to do that to avoid major stress next year. I would assume they will reduce the content or make it easier to get a grade by lowering grade boundaries. The issue of doing teacher assessed again is so many people cheated in their mocks that determined their grades so, so many people have missed out. I really want to sit my exam because my GCSE results done me and my hard work so dirty just because I wasn't one of the favoured students.
bleeblahbleh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sydneydulson)
Fair enough, it is smart for them to do that to avoid major stress next year. I would assume they will reduce the content or make it easier to get a grade by lowering grade boundaries. The issue of doing teacher assessed again is so many people cheated in their mocks that determined their grades so, so many people have missed out. I really want to sit my exam because my GCSE results done me and my hard work so dirty just because I wasn't one of the favoured students.
LOL same, science did me so ugly unnecessarily and it makes me look bad bc me predictions were higher but we move welp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads