I really need chemistry help

Watch this thread
lucyameliax
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
okay so i'm doing combined science trilogy with AQA and i am flunking chemistry so bad compared to my other sciences. i need a 66 to do biology which i have a 7 in, to do my A levels but i have a 5 and am struggling in chemistry. the fact my teacher has straight up told me she hates me doesn't help at all :/
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
What questions do you need help on?
I do A level chemistry, year 13, happy to help :yy:
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 year ago
lucyameliax
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
What questions do you need help on?
I do A level chemistry, year 13, happy to help :yy:
Pretty much everything I list LOL, priority is electrolysis and equilibrium though
I have 4 more chemistry assessments this year: Calculations B, Electrolysis, Bond energy calculations and then equilibrium.
I'm not looking for an 8 or a 9, but probably around a 6 or 7 to secure my 66.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucyameliax)
Pretty much everything I list LOL, priority is electrolysis and equilibrium though
I have 4 more chemistry assessments this year: Calculations B, Electrolysis, Bond energy calculations and then equilibrium.
I'm not looking for an 8 or a 9, but probably around a 6 or 7 to secure my 66.

No problem man. Shoot me pm, I’ll try my best to explain each thing.

completely free

Or alternatively, you can post them here.
lucyameliax
Rep:

completely free

thank you!!!!! my teacher REALLY does not help, she hates me because i like biology better
gogrizz123
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
okay so i'm doing combined science trilogy with AQA and i am flunking chemistry so bad compared to my other sciences. i need a 66 to do biology which i have a 7 in, to do my A levels but i have a 5 and am struggling in chemistry. the fact my teacher has straight up told me she hates me doesn't help at all :/
Im also in the same position as captainduckie, I can help if you want aswell
clessiec
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
PhysicsAndMaths Tutor have pretty decent notes on chemistry as well as flashcards. They helped me get from a 5 to a 8/9 in my assessments.
FreeScienceLessons and PrimroseKitten are good youtube channels if you need a certain topic explained.
Last edited by clessiec; 1 year ago
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You can PM me too, I'm doing resits (which sounds bad, but think of it as 3 years of doing AQA Alevel chemistry)
SagalTT3
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Feel free to shoot me a PM to medical student been there and if any of you wanna do med and have any questions or need alevel help feel free to message! I know it can be super tough but you'll get there!!
ur123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

completely free

hey could i ask you some questions for science because i really need a 66 for science and ive got my physics test tomorrow my chemistry one on friday and biology on 19th may
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ur123)
hey could i ask you some questions for science because i really need a 66 for science and ive got my physics test tomorrow my chemistry one on friday and biology on 19th may
Yeah sure
ur123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah sure
So the question is explain why the bowling ball slows down when it hits the pin. You should use ideas about momentum in your answer
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ur123)
So the question is explain why the bowling ball slows down when it hits the pin. You should use ideas about momentum in your answer

I only have expertise at Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

No Physics I’m afraid. Perhaps set up a new thread and ask in the physics forum?
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 year ago
ur123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I only have expertise at Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

No Physics I’m afraid. Perhaps set up a new thread and ask in the physics forum?
so theres this chemistry question:
A student investigated one property of the alkanes C5H12, C10H22and C15H32This is the method used.1. Pour 20 cm3 of C5H12 into a separating funnel.2. Open the tap of the separating funnel and start a timer. 3. Stop the timer when the level of C5H12 reaches line X.4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 with C10H22 and C15H32 Figure5 shows the apparatus used. Figure 5 The level of C5H12takes 6.4 seconds to reach line X.

Predict the trend in times for the other two alkanes. Give one reason for your answer. [2 marks]

TREND-

REASON-
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ur123)
so theres this chemistry question:
A student investigated one property of the alkanes C5H12, C10H22and C15H32This is the method used.1. Pour 20 cm3 of C5H12 into a separating funnel.2. Open the tap of the separating funnel and start a timer. 3. Stop the timer when the level of C5H12 reaches line X.4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 with C10H22 and C15H32 Figure5 shows the apparatus used. Figure 5 The level of C5H12takes 6.4 seconds to reach line X.

Predict the trend in times for the other two alkanes. Give one reason for your answer. [2 marks]

TREND-

REASON-

PM me on here with link to question, and picture.
ur123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
PM me on here with link to question, and picture.
its not letting me send a message do you have insta by any chance so i can send it on there?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This guy is great
These are for chemistry paper 1 and 2 AQA but he also does gcse biology and physics videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/Freescienc...=50&shelf_id=1
https://www.youtube.com/c/Freescienc...=50&shelf_id=4
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (220)
42.23%
The paper was reasonable (224)
42.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.21%
It was TERRIBLE (29)
5.57%

Watched Threads