did anyone get predicted a fail in gcse/Alevels

Watch
zooface1234
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
did anyone get predicted a fail i neither a level or GCSE? id be interested to know as a mate of mine did a levels and his teachers predicted him fail them all
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by zooface1234)
did anyone get predicted a fail i neither a level or GCSE? id be interested to know as a mate of mine did a levels and his teachers predicted him fail them all
I was predicted to get a 2 in GCSE french but I got a 5 in the end, so merci beaucoup
zooface1234
Rep:
thats cool
ry7xsfa
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
My mocks didn’t go great so I was predicted a U in English Language GCSE, ended up with an 8. Predicted 3 in lit and got a 7.
zooface1234
Rep:
i dont get it tho, if you were predicted a 3 how can u get a 7, in fact how can your grade change, wasntyour prediction your final grade?
Last edited by zooface1234; 8 months ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
i dont get it tho, if you were predicted a 3 how can u get a 7, in fact how can your grade change, wasntyour prediction your final grade?
before covid, people used to actually sit exams and not just be given grades based on teachers' predictions
Last edited by black tea; 8 months ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

The school often sets low predictions so they can look good when the pupils achieve higher.

Its nothing but trying to look good.
CoochieMan
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Yeah I was predicted 3/4 in chem and econ and ended up with 9s in both soo teachers predictions are bs.

This was back when exams happened btw
ry7xsfa
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
The school often sets low predictions so they can look good when the pupils achieve higher.

Its nothing but trying to look good.
My teachers just didn't believe in me haha.
zooface1234
Rep:
r

(Original post by black tea)
before covid, people used to actually sit exams and not just be given grades based on teachers' predictions
right ofc i get u lol
arnav0000
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Yeah I was predicted 3/4 in chem and econ and ended up with 9s in both soo teachers predictions are bs.

This was back when exams happened btw
how did u do that
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by arnav0000)
how did u do that
This is gonna sound super dumb but I've got weird competitive motivators. I was never an idiot in school, just incredibly unmotivated but if I put my mind into getting what I want I'll get it.

My economics teacher hated me and constantly told me I'd never get above a 4 ever and tried to get me kicked off the course multiple times (which he could do btw because I did extra GSCEs) so I wanted to prove him and everyone else who doubted me wrong and worked to get at least a 7. Ended up with a 9 which I'm not complaining about. I was so ready to show off to him on results day, I was so ready to be like "I told you so" but he left the school and never came to us on results day, so I couldn't shove it in his face.

For chemistry, I wanted to be a doctor and I knew I wouldn't be able to be a doctor with a 3 in chem as it wouldn't even let me do A Level chemistry. My parents didn't want me to do medicine, and they tried to use my sh*t chem grade as a reason for why it wasn't for me but I proved them wrong on results day when I ended up with a 9.

Just took a lot of revision and sacrificing gaming from when I got home to when I went to sleep for a few months

If anyone needs help btw I'm willing to help as best as I can!!
arnav0000
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
This is gonna sound super dumb but I've got weird competitive motivators. I was never an idiot in school, just incredibly unmotivated but if I put my mind into getting what I want I'll get it.

My economics teacher hated me and constantly told me I'd never get above a 4 ever and tried to get me kicked off the course multiple times (which he could do btw because I did extra GSCEs) so I wanted to prove him and everyone else who doubted me wrong and worked to get at least a 7. Ended up with a 9 which I'm not complaining about. I was so ready to show off to him on results day, I was so ready to be like "I told you so" but he left the school and never came to us on results day, so I couldn't shove it in his face.

For chemistry, I wanted to be a doctor and I knew I wouldn't be able to be a doctor with a 3 in chem as it wouldn't even let me do A Level chemistry. My parents didn't want me to do medicine, and they tried to use my sh*t chem grade as a reason for why it wasn't for me but I proved them wrong on results day when I ended up with a 9.

Just took a lot of revision and sacrificing gaming from when I got home to when I went to sleep for a few months

If anyone needs help btw I'm willing to help as best as I can!!
Bro thats insane. how many hours did u study and how did u study effectively
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Bro thats insane. how many hours did u study and how did u study effectively
I think per subject I did an hour but I revised 4-5 subjects per day. I didn't revise them evenly, I did more of my weaker subjects (English, chem, econ) and less of my stronger subjects (bio, french, maths).

For English I wrote essay plans and went over them before the exam, one of my essay plan actually did come up. For unseen poetry practice I practiced writing essays for the love and relationships poems and asked my teacher to mark them.

For basically everything else I did PPQs cuzzz it helps you know what the mark scheme is looking for. I can be more specific for certain subjects if you'd like me to? Jus tell me what subjects specifically
arnav0000
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I think per subject I did an hour but I revised 4-5 subjects per day. I didn't revise them evenly, I did more of my weaker subjects (English, chem, econ) and less of my stronger subjects (bio, french, maths).

For English I wrote essay plans and went over them before the exam, one of my essay plan actually did come up. For unseen poetry practice I practiced writing essays for the love and relationships poems and asked my teacher to mark them.

For basically everything else I did PPQs cuzzz it helps you know what the mark scheme is looking for. I can be more specific for certain subjects if you'd like me to? Jus tell me what subjects specifically
mainly the sciences and econ tbh
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
mainly the sciences and econ tbh
Mainly used PPQs, have you tried looking at pmt?
arnav0000
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Mainly used PPQs, have you tried looking at pmt?
nope, whats that? Do u have insta?
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
nope, whats that? Do u have insta?
It's like a website where there's a bunch of PPQs per topic. You can use that to test yourself on your weakest topics (they also have revision notes)
username5477918
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I got really bad GCSES, I got a 3 one of them but got above 4s for the rest, so do what you please with that information.
zooface1234
Rep:

sheeeeeesh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise