Manny kaur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! So this is something that’s been confusing me for a while, and I would appreciate if someone could clarify it a bit for me.

Nottingham Uni (as well as many others, I’m sure) offer a year abroad in their LLB undergraduate degree in Canada, specifically UBC. Now, I know that UBC doesn’t offer Law as an undergraduate course, and like many other American or Canadian institutions, offers Law as a postgraduate degree.

So if one was to study a year abroad at UBC, would they be studying alongside Postgraduates? Or in other words, how would it work?

Thank you in advance!
amanikaurr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Manny kaur)
Hey! So this is something that’s been confusing me for a while, and I would appreciate if someone could clarify it a bit for me.

Nottingham Uni (as well as many others, I’m sure) offer a year abroad in their LLB undergraduate degree in Canada, specifically UBC. Now, I know that UBC doesn’t offer Law as an undergraduate course, and like many other American or Canadian institutions, offers Law as a postgraduate degree.

So if one was to study a year abroad at UBC, would they be studying alongside Postgraduates? Or in other words, how would it work?

Thank you in advance!
Hi Manny,

Although, I can't answer your question directly I would assume that you would be taught alongside other international undergraduate students. However, if you want to be certain you can always email your university directly or even UBC to find out more information in regards to this.
Mavoids
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Manny kaur)

Thank you in advance!
Hi Manny,

I'm at Nottingham and hopefully going to UBC in September (COVID-permitting). Law modules at are UBC largely open to all students, although some are restricted to JD only (as they are compulsory). Read this for more info. So I will study alongside postgrads who have selected the same modules and other exchange students. Hope that makes sense.
Last edited by Mavoids; 1 month ago
Manny kaur
Rep:
?
(Original post by amanikaurr)
Hi Manny,

Although, I can't answer your question directly I would assume that you would be taught alongside other international undergraduate students. However, if you want to be certain you can always email your university directly or even UBC to find out more information in regards to this.
Thank you, and will do 🙏🏼
Manny kaur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mavoids)
Hi Manny,

I'm at Nottingham and hopefully going to UBC in September (COVID-permitting). Law modules at UBC largely open to all students, although some are restricted to JD only (as they are compulsory). Read this for more info. So I will study alongside postgrads who have selected the same modules and other exchange students. Hope that makes sense.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply! Yes, that makes complete sense, and thank you for the link too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise