The Student Room Group

2020 Autumn Series Resit

Hi All,

If you've taken the autumn examination for either A Level or GCSE, please respond to this question:
Did you get your certificate reissued with your new grade? Or did you get two certificates?
Reply 1
You could ask to have your Summer certificate amended but it wasn't done automatically.
Original post by Compost
You could ask to have your Summer certificate amended but it wasn't done automatically.

So what happens to the first old certificate does that not mean anything if you have your new autumn grades
So if you get bad tags. But good autmun grades then u ask for a replacement certificate then would nobody know your bad tags ever again ??
Reply 4
Original post by Momentum625
So what happens to the first old certificate does that not mean anything if you have your new autumn grades

If you ask for the Summer certificate to be updated with the Autumn grade then you can destroy the original Summer certificate.
Original post by Compost
If you ask for the Summer certificate to be updated with the Autumn grade then you can destroy the original Summer certificate.

Is this true r u actually 100%sure that u can amend the summer 2021 certificate and r u sure it won’t say autmun if u do the autumn exams r I sure
Reply 6
Is this true r u actually 100%sure that u can amend the summer 2021 certificate and r u sure it won’t say autmun if u do the autumn exams r I sure

Ofqual https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/consultation-on-arrangements-for-an-autumn-2021-exam-series says:
9. An exam board must issue a replacement certificate to a student showing the higher of an autumn 2021 or summer 2021 grade in response to a request from that student.
Original post by Compost

U could ask u amend your summer certificate that’s not true u lied I just asked aqa they said u can’t do that you will 2 different certificates
Original post by Compost
You could ask to have your Summer certificate amended but it wasn't done automatically

This isn’t true why did u lie I just asked aqa they said u will get 2 difffernt certificates
Original post by Compost

ur summer certificate still showed both grades in the paper
U could ask u amend your summer certificate that’s not true u lied I just asked aqa they said u can’t do that you will 2 different certificates

In the previous post I quoted the Ofqual decision which AQA has to follow and gave the link to it. That is the definitive guidance. I avoid ever ringing AQA as the people on their help line tend not to be that well informed - I always email so I have an audit trail and you get a more considered answer.

I suggest you look at the link I posted. I'm not going to reply to any further questions if you continue to accuse me of lying and behave as if you're 5.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Compost
In the previous post I quoted the Ofqual decision which AQA has to follow and gave the link to it. That is the definitive guidance. I avoid ever ringing AQA as the people on their help line tend not to be that well informed - I always email so I have an audit trail and you get a more considered answer.

I suggest you look at the link I posted. I'm not going to reply to any further questions if you continue to accuse me of lying and behave as if you're 5.

Sorry so ur saying if u do autumn exams u still can get a certificate saying summer 2021 but showing your autumn grades it doesn’t say that specifically I didn’t just ask aqa I ask many exam boards and Jcq and ofqual they said u either get 2 certificates or 1 combined one but it will show both grades autumn and summer and it will say autumn and summer which grade is which
So what’s the correct answer here it doesn’t say what u say on the consulatation specifically

Quick Reply

Latest