The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I agree with EVERYONE above me but can’t rep them because I’ve already repped them all recently, wow!

The most problematic thing is that he isn’t respecting your boundaries at all! You have said, you want time to get over previous things, and he is being relentlessly sexual and pursuing a relationship with you when you have made clear you don’t want it. If he’s already not respecting your wishes, if you end up in a relationship he will be even worse! It seems like he’s scarcely changed at all from when he didn’t listen to you or respect your wishes before.

If he tried to control what clothes you wore when you were already boyfriend and girlfriend, I’d say, he shouldn’t do that, you can wear what you want to. And you aren’t even in a relationship! He absolutely doesn’t have a leg to stand on and seems sooo horrible and controlling.

You seem worried and preoccupied that he may be sexually frustrated with you. But that’s not your problem! He needs to control himself and stop thinking with his ****. It is not your responsibility to gratify him sexually!

Indeed, he's showing this many red flags (as I've said previously) before the rs so it's hard to tell how much worse he's going to get after if you do get into a relationship with him. It is guaranteed however, that if you do get into a rs with him it's going to be bad. Real bad
Has he though?? He doesn’t seem to listen to you or respect your wishes. Wasn’t that the problem that you had before?

Yes but earlier he wouldn't listen at all. One disagreement or something that did not go according to him and he had broken it off.

Now he hasn't been like that though he does want a relationship asap
Original post by Slx.24
Indeed, he's showing this many red flags (as I've said previously) before the rs so it's hard to tell how much worse he's going to get after if you do get into a relationship with him. It is guaranteed however, that if you do get into a rs with him it's going to be bad. Real bad

What will get real bad??.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but earlier he wouldn't listen at all. One disagreement or something that did not go according to him and he had broken it off.

No buts dear.. face reality. It sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do
Reply 24
What will get real bad??.

The relationship. It'll be bad. Pretty simple to understand
I agree with EVERYONE above me but can’t rep them because I’ve already repped them all recently, wow!

The most problematic thing is that he isn’t respecting your boundaries at all! You have said, you want time to get over previous things, and he is being relentlessly sexual and pursuing a relationship with you when you have made clear you don’t want it. You tell him not to touch you, and he gets upset - that is a HUUUGE red flag - he doesn’t respect your autonomy over your own body. If he’s already not respecting your wishes, if you end up in a relationship he will be even worse! It seems like he’s scarcely changed at all from when he didn’t listen to you or respect your wishes before.

If he tried to control what clothes you wore when you were already boyfriend and girlfriend, I’d say, he shouldn’t do that, you can wear what you want to. And you aren’t even in a relationship! He absolutely doesn’t have a leg to stand on and seems sooo horrible and controlling.

You seem worried and preoccupied that he may be sexually frustrated with you. But that’s not your problem! He needs to control himself and stop thinking with his ****. It is not your responsibility to gratify him sexually!

He has repeatedly said he wants a relationship asap which is what he always wanted before things went wrong 4 years ago :frown:

The fact that he doesn’t respect you and gets upset when you ask him not to touch you sexually is just horrendous. If he isn’t the way he was before (which to be fair you’d know better than us) he only seems differently awful.
He has repeatedly said he wants a relationship asap which is what he always wanted before things went wrong 4 years ago :frown:

It seems very likely, then, that if you continue to be around him, things will go horribly wrong. Hence I’d suggest, and it seems like everyone else is with me on this, that you cut him off.
Reply 28
The fact that he doesn’t respect you and gets upset when you ask him not to touch you sexually is just horrendous. If he isn’t the way he was before (which to be fair you’d know better than us) he only seems differently awful.

"Differently awful" is the perfect summary of my comment. He's not any better than before he's just as bad just in different ways

He said that if we sleep together, he ll end up breaking my back as he's craved sex with me for years but never gotten it. He also said that at times, he visualized me instead of his ex gf while they did it. He seemed really upset when he said that I have no idea how long he has held this in for
To respond to your thread title and reiterate a bit what I’ve already said:

He may be sexually frustrated but that isn’t your fault or your responsibility. It’s his fault for continuing to sexualise you and obsess about you when you’ve made it clear you don’t want to be with him.
To respond to your thread title and reiterate a bit what I’ve already said:

He may be sexually frustrated but that isn’t your fault or your responsibility. It’s his fault for continuing to sexualise you and obsess about you when you’ve made it clear you don’t want to be with him.

No i never said I don't want to be with him. I love him and I want to be with him but told him I needed time to trust him again.
He said that if we sleep together, he ll end up breaking my back as he's craved sex with me for years but never gotten it. He also said that at times, he visualized me instead of his ex gf while they did it. He seemed really upset when he said that I have no idea how long he has held this in for

He sounds really obsessive and mentally unsound - he needed to move on and he never has. Visualising someone else from your past rather than the person that you’re with is weird and more than a little exploitative of his then girlfriend.

No i never said I don't want to be with him. I love him and I want to be with him but told him I needed time to trust him again.

Oh, okay. My point stands though: You are not to blame for his sexual frustration! He is just fixated on you, and it’s very reasonable to tell him you aren’t ready, and he can’t respect that.

Please read the last paragraph of your original post again without looking at it through your rose tinted glasses.
This is not an okay relationship.
These are all very much warning signs.
You shouldn’t be trusting someone like this.
He already is showing his true colours before you’re even together.
Reply 34
Original post by GabiAbi84
Please read the last paragraph of your original post again without looking at it through your rose tinted glasses.

Exactly. I'm tired of repeating the same thing again and again. It's obvious and plain to see what's going to happen. For the last time OP. Cut it off or do what you want and the rest is no one elses problem.
Original post by GabiAbi84

I know, right? He seems so horribly possessive of her body. In what world does it make any sense to accuse someone of wanting to be touched by other men when he’s asked not to touch her as much? Disgusting behaviour!
He sounds really obsessive and mentally unsound - he needed to move on and he never has. Visualising someone else from your past rather than the person that you’re with is weird and more than a little exploitative of his then girlfriend.

Oh, okay. My point stands though: You are not to blame for his sexual frustration! He is just fixated on you, and it’s very reasonable to tell him you aren’t ready, and he can’t respect that.

Yes that is true. I felt like he had moved on when I first found out and saw him with his then girlfriend who was also a student at the same uni we went to (he's an alumni here) but when I met him again, he told me he wasn't able to move on completely as he always had the guilt and regrets over leaving me and his relationship wasn't really good (I kinda sensed it as the girl was very rude and snobby) which led him to keep making comparisons between me and her whenever she would create a scene or had fights with him.

I am under a lot of pressure now as I dont want to lose him. I try to make him happy but it doesn't seem like it is working until I become his gf?
Yes that is true. I felt like he had moved on when I first found out and saw him with his then girlfriend who was also a student at the same uni we went to (he's an alumni here) but when I met him again, he told me he wasn't able to move on completely as he always had the guilt and regrets over leaving me and his relationship wasn't really good (I kinda sensed it as the girl was very rude and snobby) which led him to keep making comparisons between me and her whenever she would create a scene or had fights with him.

I am under a lot of pressure now as I dont want to lose him. I try to make him happy but it doesn't seem like it is working until I become his gf?

He is so controlling already, dictating what kinds of clothes you wear and blatantly touching your body more than you want. If you become his girlfriend to try and make him happy, it will make you deeply, deeply unhappy, because you will have completely lost control of your life. Already, he seems to be in the mindset that everything has to go his way. The pressure that you’re under is pressure he’s putting on you, unfairly. I implore you, please, please choose yourself and cut him off.
Reply 38
No you got it wrong. It'll only get worse after you become his gf. This is the undisputed view that everyone here has given you. it's upto you to take it or not. I've said what I've said and so has everyone else. Good luck.
I need u to listen to me, leave. Please. Just leave, I know u love him but leave. Block him out, if u can’t on ur own get family and friends to help. Do not date this guy I need u to leave.He is not a good person, what’s the point of being with him of u know in the end u will get hurt. Get off tsr right now and start cutting him out.

Latest

Trending

Trending