!George1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to go to university in September to study adult nursing. However I only have 42 UCAS points and I want to do an online access diploma in nursing to get more points has anyone done an online diploma before and could it be done in less than six months any advice Would be much helped Never done an online course before
Jowo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I applied for a couple of Unis for Nursing in May last year, I did not receive any interviews and received a rejection in July as both had filled up their places. They offered no places in clearing.

A few Unis (outside my geographical area of interest) did have a few places in clearing but I understand that Nursing applications are up by a third compared to last year so I expect there will be fewer places in clearing compared to last year.

Im in Scotland though so perhaps places are more generous elsewhere.

Hopefully someone will come along with ideas how you can enter Nursing this Sept. Otherwise it may be better to give yourself more time to apply for 2022 intake.

Some Unis have January intakes but im not sure if that's postgrad courses.
Lizdu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Access courses need to be completed by next month in time for September uni start dates so I think starting one now would be too late. Also from experience (doing one now) I reckon 6 months would be very tight for completing the course, especially if you have work and/or childcare commitments. Plus completing the UCAS form and creating a good personal statement takes time so in your situation I'd say focus on September 2022 entry then you can be ready to apply for uni ASAP and have a really good chance of getting a place at a uni you want to go to. Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads