The Student Room Group

Failing A levels (year 12)

So I’m a year 12 student and because of corona and online learning I’m jus finding A levels very hard to cope with right now. I am taking Biology, Chemistry and psychology and quite frankly failing all of them. My dream of being a doctor is long gone an I’m beginning to think if I’ll even get into any unis with these bad grades. Do I change my subjects or just carry on and jus try my best but I’m scared because it will just get worse in second year. If I change I would change to law, criminology and English language. Are these good choices? And then get into Law in uni hopefully. Or another option hopefully if I get decent grades in the subjects I’m taking right now I want to get into pharmacy If anyone has any advice pls help
Original post by Khannnn123
So I’m a year 12 student and because of corona and online learning I’m jus finding A levels very hard to cope with right now. I am taking Biology, Chemistry and psychology and quite frankly failing all of them. My dream of being a doctor is long gone an I’m beginning to think if I’ll even get into any unis with these bad grades. Do I change my subjects or just carry on and jus try my best but I’m scared because it will just get worse in second year. If I change I would change to law, criminology and English language. Are these good choices? And then get into Law in uni hopefully. Or another option hopefully if I get decent grades in the subjects I’m taking right now I want to get into pharmacy If anyone has any advice pls help

Hi I’m not the best person to answer your questions ( year 11 student ) but science is really hard. Due to lockdown I got 2s in the higher paper ( probably because I didn’t do anything for sciance in a year ) I asked to be put on foundation and now might be getting 5s. ( I want to be a teacher to 4/C Is all I really need )

Possibly change them because unis for medicine degree generally look for AAA. If you think you can get those grades go for it!

If you carry on i suggest doing past papers, make notes maybe even rewrite things - find quizzes on topics that might come up till you can recall that information!

If being a doctor is something you really want to do show that, maybe ask to resit? ( if you can )

- English language/literature is always good! - it is also good for law and people usually use it at a-level when they study for a law degree. - PS. Law is really competitive especially if you’d like to be a lawyer.
- Also you don’t need to study law in a-level to take on a law degree, unless it’s required in a uni you’d like to go to.
- as far as criminology goes I can’t say anything as I have no idea on that alevel.

Honestly I’m only getting 5/6s and maybe a 7 ( I think ) in gcse ( I get my results in august )which just allows me to do alevels ( I’m taking English literature, Geography and Buisness )

Quick Reply

Latest