DogeTheDoggo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I've been doing the Beginner Python Course on FreeCodeCamp and am nearly finished with it. I want to know what to do next. There is another course on FreeCodeCamp at the intermediate level which logically seems like the next step forward. At the same time, I think I should do some practice problems online. Another option that I have is the Python Zero to Hero course on Udemy which I bought. It looked quite comprehensive so I did the beginner free stuff on FreeCodeCamp first.
Any Advice on what to do next ?
Last edited by DogeTheDoggo; 4 days ago
Fay713
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Omg sameee but i just started
Fay713
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by DogeTheDoggo)
I've been doing the Beginner Python Course on FreeCodeCamp and am nearly finished with it. I want to know what to do next. There is another course on FreeCodeCamp at the intermediate level which logically seems like the next step forward. At the same time, I think I should do some practice problems online. Another option that I have is the Python Zero to Hero course on Udemy which I bought. It looked quite comprehensive so I did the beginner free stuff on FreeCodeCamp first.
Any Advice on what to do next ?
Did u watch the 4 hour video course on YouTube?
DogeTheDoggo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fay713)
Did u watch the 4 hour video course on YouTube?
Yup I did, I did some practice problems that I came up with on my own as well.
Fay713
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yup I did, I did some practice problems that I came up with on my own as well.
Did u find it helpful?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
For practice you could probably do some easy problems on project Euler
or Codechef
DogeTheDoggo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fay713)
Did u find it helpful?
The instructions were clear, the pace was good, I just wished there were more practice problems in it to consolidate your skills.
But yeah, it was helpful.
DogeTheDoggo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joinedup)
For practice you could probably do some easy problems on project Euler
or Codechef
The thing is though, I don't really want to learn to program for complex logic or maths. I picked it up as a hobby for eventually learning how to automate stuff, AI/ML, if possible, robotics or something. So I don't know if I should spend time doing problems or learning other stuff.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The thing is though, I don't really want to learn to program for complex logic or maths. I picked it up as a hobby for eventually learning how to automate stuff, AI/ML, if possible, robotics or something. So I don't know if I should spend time doing problems or learning other stuff.
wrt robotics how about getting an arduino? though that's going to be using C rather than python.
DogeTheDoggo
Rep:
?
wrt robotics how about getting an arduino? though that's going to be using C rather than python.
My brother actually does Arduino and I do want to get into that eventually, but I'm not ready to learn a whole new language just yet.
Could you suggest things I can do with Python?
I started learning python with the goal of ML/AI in mind because I've heard its popularly used for that but right now it seems too complex with too much complex math.
Last edited by DogeTheDoggo; 4 days ago
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well suit yourself - But the point of doing the easy questions on Euler isn't to teach you super advanced maths - it's to practice getting your syntax right and practice skills of breaking down large problems into easier sections that you can manage... which is probably going to be important whether you go into AI or robotics.

Like anything else you get better by doing a lot of practice IMO
DogeTheDoggo
Rep:
?
Well suit yourself - But the point of doing the easy questions on Euler isn't to teach you super advanced maths - it's to practice getting your syntax right and practice skills of breaking down large problems into easier sections that you can manage... which is probably going to be important whether you go into AI or robotics.

Like anything else you get better by doing a lot of practice IMO
I absolutely plan on doing those problems on Euler, its just that I want a sort of end goal that I need to reach in mind and keep my learning meaningful. I think I'll do those problems and learn API stuff at the same time. Thanks for the advice!!
Strange5050
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Try and implement a cipher. Such as the Caesar Cipher, Beaufort, Bifid, Substitution ect... I found when first dabbling my hand in programming that these ciphers were useful for flexing what you've learnt.
DogeTheDoggo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Strange5050)
Try and implement a cipher. Such as the Caesar Cipher, Beaufort, Bifid, Substitution ect... I found when first dabbling my hand in programming that these ciphers were useful for flexing what you've learnt.
Alright I’ll give it a go, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (77)
35.81%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (34)
15.81%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.65%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (21)
9.77%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (25)
11.63%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
13.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
9.3%

Watched Threads