Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If I was not eligible for student finance, would the uni of nottingham change my UK status to international, as they say their criteria is the same? I currently have UK home fee status on my offer letter.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
it depends if you are actually international?

Ie i am a home student, as i live here, but ineligble for student finance (as i have an exisiting degree). So i pay the home student fee of £9250, not the much higher International fee of £20kpa.

So there are differences between home and international student status.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I was not eligible for student finance, would the uni of nottingham change my UK status to international, as they say their criteria is the same? I currently have UK home fee status on my offer letter.
Your fee status, (as determined by the uni), and your eligiblity for student finance are seperate matters.

Notts won't revisit your status now unless information came to light that you application was incorrect or misleading in some way.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
Your fee status, (as determined by the uni), and your eligiblity for student finance are seperate matters.

Notts won't revisit your status now unless information came to light that you application was incorrect or misleading in some way.
as a uk citizen, i assumed i would be taking finance. the only “misleading” aspect i can think of is that on my ucas the section for funding was put as possibly UK student funding. if i choose not to do this would that be considered misleading? what if i didn’t apply for student finance at all?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
as a uk citizen, i assumed i would be taking finance. the only “misleading” aspect i can think of is that on my ucas the section for funding was put as possibly UK student funding. if i choose not to do this would that be considered misleading? what if i didn’t apply for student finance at all?
Then you would need to pay the UK tuition fee rate to the university yourself. That doesn't change your residency status. If you have been resident in the UK for the last three years before the course then you will normally be considered a home fees status student, whether you apply to SFE for funding or not. As stated previously the your residency status for determining your fee level and your eligibility for SFE funding (or whether you use such funding) are entirely separate.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No, that wouldn’t be grounds for revisiting your fee status. Notts ultimately don’t care how you fund your studies, regardless of what you declared on your UCAS application. They’ll present you with an invoice for tuition fees and it’s up to you where those funds come from.

Remember lots of UK students don’t take out student finance, they’ll just be bankrolled by Mum and Dad. It doesn’t mean they weren’t eligible for finance or home fees.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
No, that wouldn’t be grounds for revisiting your fee status. Notts ultimately don’t care how you fund your studies, regardless of what you declared on your UCAS application. They’ll present you with an invoice for tuition fees and it’s up to you where those funds come from.

Remember lots of UK students don’t take out student finance, they’ll just be bankrolled by Mum and Dad. It doesn’t mean they weren’t eligible for finance or home fees.
thankyou so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed