The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Psychology BSc 2021 Entry Firmers

Has anyone firmed their offer from KCL to do Psychology BSc starting in September 2021?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alia Kurdi
Has anyone firmed their offer from KCL to do Psychology BSc starting in September 2021?

Hii! I’ve firmed for neuroscience and psychology bsc, so similar course.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by mi.len

Hey, what a levels do you do?
Reply 3
Original post by mi.len

Congratulations! Just thought I'd be a good idea to perhaps ask any questions or even familiarise ourselves with one another before we start in September. I'm assuming you're all as nervous as I am lol
Reply 4
Original post by tamaramht
Hey, what a levels do you do?

Hi, I do Biology Chemistry and Maths. What about you?
Reply 5
Congratulations! Just thought I'd be a good idea to perhaps ask any questions or even familiarise ourselves with one another before we start in September. I'm assuming you're all as nervous as I am lol

Super nervous. Especially with moving to London and all and having to make new friends. It’s exciting though at the same time.
Congratulations to both of you !

I have an offer from KCL BSC Psy (placement course) but still contemplating with another offer from UBC. Did you apply to other colleges outside UK and if so why did you choose KCL over them ? trying to analyse between the 2 before I confirm ! Thanks

Hey,
I got an offer from KCL for psych with a professional placement but I am still waiting for a response from UCL...
The idea of uni is so scary hopefully I can make a few friends here before I go!
I do Bio, Chem and Psych and I did an epq last year :smile:
What about you?
Reply 8
Original post by persia1573
Hey,
I got an offer from KCL for psych with a professional placement but I am still waiting for a response from UCL...
The idea of uni is so scary hopefully I can make a few friends here before I go!
I do Bio, Chem and Psych and I did an epq last year :smile:
What about you?

Wow! Quite impressive - you do the A-Levels of a crazy person hehe
I do Psychology, Politics and Religious Studies A-Level and I got an offer from KCL even though I didn't meet their GCSE requirements! I actually dropped my EPQ about 2 weeks before the deadline due to health issues, but I made my own charity out of it so it was worth it anyway.
I also think it'd be great to perhaps meet some people on here beforehand to make September a little less scary.
Any idea what career you want to go for?
I defo do the A-levels of a crazy person. I was stuck between medicine and psych for a while but I went with what I loved aha.The charity work must be so rewarding !I am not 100% sure where I want to go, I will defo do a phd and/or masters I'm thinking maybe forensic or neuroscience. We will see! I definitely want to go into some aspect of research for a while then maybe work more into treatments (where the neuroscience comes in).To be honest I have no idea the possibilities are endless. What bout u?
Reply 10
I defo do the A-levels of a crazy person. I was stuck between medicine and psych for a while but I went with what I loved aha.The charity work must be so rewarding !I am not 100% sure where I want to go, I will defo do a phd and/or masters I'm thinking maybe forensic or neuroscience. We will see! I definitely want to go into some aspect of research for a while then maybe work more into treatments (where the neuroscience comes in).To be honest I have no idea the possibilities are endless. What bout u?

That is so spooky - It's exactly the same for me! I had a dilemma as to whether or not to do medicine as part of the route to become a psychiatrist, but I figured that going to medical school was going to be a long, broad and EXPENSIVE journey only so that I can do something much related to neuropsychology. I 100% want to further my education with either a doctorate or a masters. I'm thinking neuropsychology in order to become a neuropsychologist, but I'm keeping an open mind incase neuropsychology isn't what I expected or there's something even better that I discover during Psychology BSc.
That is so spooky - It's exactly the same for me! I had a dilemma as to whether or not to do medicine as part of the route to become a psychiatrist, but I figured that going to medical school was going to be a long, broad and EXPENSIVE journey only so that I can do something much related to neuropsychology. I 100% want to further my education with either a doctorate or a masters. I'm thinking neuropsychology in order to become a neuropsychologist, but I'm keeping an open mind incase neuropsychology isn't what I expected or there's something even better that I discover during Psychology BSc.

I love that we have the same minds. Just officially finished my chem a level how crazy! How are ur exams going?
Reply 12
I love that we have the same minds. Just officially finished my chem a level how crazy! How are ur exams going?

Omg that must be such a weight off your shoulders. Exams are STRESSFUL
Unfortunately I've been quite ill so I'm really behind on giving my teachers evidence and its busy busy busy
Omg that must be such a weight off your shoulders. Exams are STRESSFUL
Unfortunately I've been quite ill so I'm really behind on giving my teachers evidence and its busy busy busy

Oh :frown: I hope you feel better soon. Take it slow I am sure your teachers will understand that its been harder for you. I am now onto revising psych, these exams are DRAGGING. Anyway where are you from? Im from bham :smile:
Reply 14
Oh :frown: I hope you feel better soon. Take it slow I am sure your teachers will understand that its been harder for you. I am now onto revising psych, these exams are DRAGGING. Anyway where are you from? Im from bham :smile:

Thank you, I certainly will :smile:
I'm from Surrey! I would actually like your opinion on something, though. Unfortunately, living at uni is not an option for me (for many reasons), and so the only option I have it to commute to King's every day, which is about a 1 hour commute every morning and every evening. The time doesn't bother me too much, as I'm currently used to commuting quite a bit to school and back, however, it will cost me about £132 per week, so you can imagine how crazy the annunum cost is. My insurance choice is Royal Holloway, which is literally down the road from me. However, King's College is my dream university, with my dream research facilities, and I've been told by many that it will open may many more doors for me than Holloway. Your opinion?
Thank you, I certainly will :smile:
I'm from Surrey! I would actually like your opinion on something, though. Unfortunately, living at uni is not an option for me (for many reasons), and so the only option I have it to commute to King's every day, which is about a 1 hour commute every morning and every evening. The time doesn't bother me too much, as I'm currently used to commuting quite a bit to school and back, however, it will cost me about £132 per week, so you can imagine how crazy the annunum cost is. My insurance choice is Royal Holloway, which is literally down the road from me. However, King's College is my dream university, with my dream research facilities, and I've been told by many that it will open may many more doors for me than Holloway. Your opinion?

Hey, sorry for the late reply!
I would say go with your gut, if you think you will feel like you have missed out if you don't go to KCL I think you will find a way to make the commute work. If you think you will not feel like your missing anything if you don't go to KCL then go for Royal Holloway
I'm doing my accommodation now I have left it kind of last minute.
Original post by mi.len

Hi, I'm applying in 2022, and I was wondering if you could help me out a little. I'm applying for psychology for sure, but am very keen on the neuro+psych course as well. I don't have any work ex/volunteering ex in neuroscience though, so would it be a waste to apply? I have good grades and also have most of the subjects needed (except bio and comp, so I have phy, chem, math and psych). Thanks in advance for your reply, and congratulations for your acceptance!
Has anyone firmed their offer from KCL to do Psychology BSc starting in September 2021

Hi, I'm planning to apply to the psych course for 2022 so I was wondering if you'd have any tips, especially wrt the personal statement? Thank you so much in advance for all the help, and congratulations!!! :smile:
Original post by bellowingcupcake
Hi, I'm applying in 2022, and I was wondering if you could help me out a little. I'm applying for psychology for sure, but am very keen on the neuro+psych course as well. I don't have any work ex/volunteering ex in neuroscience though, so would it be a waste to apply? I have good grades and also have most of the subjects needed (except bio and comp, so I have phy, chem, math and psych). Thanks in advance for your reply, and congratulations for your acceptance!

Hi, I got an unconditional offer for neuroscience + psych with relatively bad grades (AAC from 2020), and without any work experience/volunteering in either psychology or neuroscience so its defo worth applying for if you're interested. I made sure to mention books that i read that were relevant to both subjects in my personal statement which im sure helped with my application
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I got an unconditional offer for neuroscience + psych with relatively bad grades (AAC from 2020), and without any work experience/volunteering in either psychology or neuroscience so its defo worth applying for if you're interested. I made sure to mention books that i read that were relevant to both subjects in my personal statement which im sure helped with my application

Wow, that's amazing! I'm guessing you took a gap year because you already had your grades? Would it be possible to share some highlights from your personal statement, or some good books you read that are worth checking out? That would be much appreciated. Also, do you have any idea if it's looked down upon to apply to both the psychology and neuro+psych courses? I read somewhere that it's seen as indecisive and shows that the applicant isn't really that dedicated to either field, and I'm confused now.

Thanks a ton and congrats again!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest