thtypc1730
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I think I've failed all 6 of my modules for my second year of uni, hasn't been a great year. I'm doing an IT degree. Am I able to take all the modules that I failed as a resit in the summer or will I have to retake the year again.
TheGreenWood85
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
All you can do is wait until your results come out and go from there. Your tutors will be able to advise you on your next steps, its different between universities I think about resits, but you may have passed! Wait and see
Willzyx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by thtypc1730)
I think I've failed all 6 of my modules for my second year of uni, hasn't been a great year. I'm doing an IT degree. Am I able to take all the modules that I failed as a resit in the summer or will I have to retake the year again.
It depends. If your university has a policy of permitting second attempts of exams and modules then you're perfectly within your rights to request those second attempts. If you can offer a legitimate excuse for failure you can even sit them again as first attempts, again, depending on your university's policies and procedures.

Failing every module isn't a great look. It might be difficult to convince the course coordinator that you're truly invested in the course at this time. But only you know your circumstances. If you really want this, you'll be able to work it out with some kind of student help representative. This takes effort though. You need to marry the university, get invested into it, fire up your ambition, and excel.

I'll be honest, I found myself somewhat dispassionate about my initial course and blundered through it. There were mitigating circumstances. Life happens. And it wasn't until I was older and wiser I was able to hone in on a discipline that really excited me.

So, you do you. Yes, you can resit them all. But do you want to? Is there another course you're into? Remember, this thing isn't a race. I've switched from addiction support to teaching to clinical psychology. Now, I love my path. There's no way I'd fail 6 modules now and consider myself a serious student. But I was in your shoes years ago. I get it. Don't be hard on yourself but get serious. Learn how you work. Learn what it takes to study in good times and more pressured times, give yourself a solid amount of time to deal with an assignment at a leisurely pace. Is there an essay due in 9 weeks? Start yesterday, etc.
Last edited by Willzyx; 4 days ago
Arden University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by thtypc1730)
thtypc1730
It depends on the policy of your University, it is best engaging with the tutors and the student support services as to what your best options are. The H.E registrar will likely have the best understanding of the rules in this regard. If you have any mitigating circumstances you may be allowed to re-sit a year. If you have had any medical issues over the last year, I would find as much paper based evidence you can to make an appeal

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads