The Student Room Group

what would you do differently if you were born of the opposite sex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
Who is repping this post exactly?

I don't know any hetrosexual guys over 40 who collect these cuddly toy animal things.
It's not a normal thing for a man to do....

I bet no one else knows straight males over 40 who do this either...

people reading this post. does your dad do it?
does your uncle pete do it?
does your best mates dad do it??

I don’t know anyone personally but I can believe it happens. ’’I don’t know anyone who does it so it doesn’t happen’’ isn’t a very good argument. Maybe you’re just not in the same social circles.
Original post by londonmyst
He's a toxic scorpio with a massive trustfund, controlling nature and habit of giving very expensive gifts to almost every female he interacts with.
Including pensioners and the primary school aged.
My friend's daughter is 9 and has been making jokes about changing her name to Janet since she was 7.

What is his intention, when he is giving these gifts?

To make himself look 'bigger & better'? Or is it to make people feel like he owes them something?

I doubt it's entirely selfless. It rarely is, with expensive gifts from people who aren't even that close you.
Reply 62
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I don’t know anyone personally but I can believe it happens. ’’I don’t know anyone who does it so it doesn’t happen’’ isn’t a very good argument. Maybe you’re just not in the same social circles.

yeah, somewhere in the world there's a man over 40 with a room full of my little ponies too..

doesn't mean there are plenty of men this age with that though does it.
Original post by tobeagirl
feeling how you want to be , cant beat the feel of female clothing

Are you uncomfortable with being male, like do you feel like you were born in the wrong body, or do you just like wearing 'female' clothing?
If I were to become female miraculously, then every woman in the world should become male miraculously so that she can experience the drawbacks of being male and end up appreciating men more.
I would go on a walk
Original post by fellowweebhere
I would go on a walk

As a man?
Original post by SlaveofAll
As a man?

Yes
Yes

Other than that, what draws you toward the thought of being male?
If I were to become female miraculously, then every woman in the world should become male miraculously so that she can experience the drawbacks of being male and end up appreciating men more.

I don't think being a guy would be hard, y'all get the easiest things in life...I bet no guys would survive if they had to do what women do on the daily....
Other than that, what draws you toward the thought of being male?

Just having less fear of walking around alone. And not getting a period. That’s about it
Original post by Awashington968
I don't think being a guy would be hard, y'all get the easiest things in life...I bet no guys would survive if they had to do what women do on the daily....

As for the drawbacks of being female, what about being able to have public opinion on your side and being able to get dates instantly, for example?
Just having less fear of walking around alone. And not getting a period. That’s about it

You wouldn't want to belong to the favorite target of public contempt.
You wouldn't want to belong to the favorite target of public contempt.

That's actually more to it child birth, still no equal pay, guys who can't keep it in their pants and feel that there obligated in touching you,appearance based comments, pms, other peoples opinion about your body and marriage expectations...It's alot but I think the only things guys have that is rough is there toxic masculinity.
That's actually more to it child birth, still no equal pay, guys who can't keep it in their pants and feel that there obligated in touching you,appearance based comments, pms, other peoples opinion about your body and marriage expectations...It's alot but I think the only things guys have that is rough is there toxic masculinity.

By "favorite target of public contempt", I mean the male sex is subject to negative discourse whenever someone from the male sex does something controversial. On top of that, public opinion will frown on men who don't defer to women. You'd seem better off remaining female.
By "favorite target of public contempt", I mean the male sex is subject to negative discourse whenever someone from the male sex does something controversial. On top of that, public opinion will frown on men who don't defer to women. You'd seem better off remaining female.

Yes because there’s too much “men” doing “controversial things”
Actually I think men get away with more things than women in the public eye. Sure once, they have done something they get more hell but they are also forgiven maybe not as fast as a woman but they are forgave. I think the public is also more quicker to cancel a women than a man especially if he's famous or hot.
Yes because there’s too much “men” doing “controversial things”

That reminds me of what happened during Prohibition in the United States. When the 18th Amendment banned the sale and consumption of alcohol, hell broke lose, with crimes related to alcohol rising.

Still true with campaign against drugs.

My point is, public opinion should reassess what is properly worthy of a ban and what isn't.
Actually I think men get away with more things than women in the public eye. Sure once, they have done something they get more hell but they are also forgiven maybe not as fast as a woman but they are forgave. I think the public is also more quicker to cancel a women than a man especially if he's famous or hot.

I'd rather not belong to something that gets more hell hahaha.

Being a man can be brutal. Every other man on the street is a potential fight, a glance a second too long can lead to a fist in your face or getting stabbed. Men aren't allowed to express emotion. Even a woman will tell you to 'man up'. Without a good job you have no worth, and men are expected to 'perform' to a certain level in bed whereas a women can just lie there. Being a man is like being a Klingon.

Quick Reply

Latest