The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Don't go to Exeter

I was at Exeter for three years. It's hell, not just in terms of student life but also the type of student or attracts. Bristol is a much more open city, lots more to do around town, more interesting type of people. Plus, it's less provincial than Exeter. Small towns breed small minds.
well I’ve found it quite enjoyable…

Each to their own I guess
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by shanfara
I was at Exeter for three years. It's hell, not just in terms of student life but also the type of student or attracts. Bristol is a much more open city, lots more to do around town, more interesting type of people. Plus, it's less provincial than Exeter. Small towns breed small minds.

was that before or after you went to SOAS ?

:holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by MatthewAteYou
well I’ve found it quite enjoyable…

Each to their own I guess

I guess moving from a big city to a small town, I was bound to find it provincial and uninteresting.
I guess moving from a big city to a small town, I was bound to find it provincial and uninteresting.

I came from East London to Exeter…

I found it more communal and welcoming compared to here where you hardly know your neighbours and everyone so busy all the time
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
was that before or after you went to SOAS ?

:holmes:

After. I have three degrees: BA SOAS, MA Goldsmiths, PhD Exeter.
Reply 7
Original post by MatthewAteYou
I came from East London to Exeter…

I found it more communal and welcoming compared to here where you hardly know your neighbours and everyone so busy all the time

Yeah I can understand that. I enjoyed getting to know my neighbours. But the rah rah types did my head in. Also, I found it to be politically dead.
Reply 8

When you try to insinuate that someone's lying about their experience, but don't seem to know that most people nowadays have more than an undergraduate degree which usually means they've studied at more than one university... "This you" fail. Lol.
Yeah I can understand that. I enjoyed getting to know my neighbours. But the rah rah types did my head in. Also, I found it to be politically dead.

By politically dead you mean not left wing? Damn, what a shame.
very bold statement lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending