BIO A LEVEL HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPppWatch
A group of students investigated the effect of temperature on the activity of two forms
oftrypsin: human trypsin and icefish trypsin.
Part of their method is shown below:
• use 10cm3 of 5% trypsin solution for all trials
• measure enzyme activity at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50°C for both enzymes
• carry out each trial in the same pH buffer
• repeat the experiment 5 times at each temperature
• measure enzyme activity by recording the area of gelatine on a photographic
filmthat is broken down over a set time period
• calculate the rate of enzyme activity at each temperature.