English anthology poetry please help!! Asap

Watch this thread
Girlbyeee
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Compare the way philip Larkin presents relationships in “afteroons” with another poem of your choice (25)

Please can someone help with anthology im really struggling with it😣
al131859
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Girlbyeee)
Compare the way philip Larkin presents relationships in “afteroons” with another poem of your choice (25)

Please can someone help with anthology im really struggling with it😣
A really good one for this is Tallking In Bed. Afternoons looks at how the "our wedding lying", physically lying on the table or is it because the marriage is a lie? You can see the same image in Talking in bed, with them lying next to each other. Both reflect on time's influencxe on relationships, "the wind is ruining their courtin-place" which is time and external forces removing their memories and their love within relationships. In talking in bed, the same is said. I dont have the anthology but there is something about time passing silently and how it becomes more difficult to find the words to talk, hence a relationship breakdown. Let me know if you have any more questions! Other poems could be An Arundel Tomb, Self the Man, Whitsun Weddings...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
37.04%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.7%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
3.7%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
11.11%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.7%

Watched Threads