The Student Room Group

A level Grade Boundaries-Edexcel Maths-2021

This is for the 2021 exam. If you are looking for the 2022 exam please click here.

Anyone know what grade boundaries are gonna be used in this summer assessments?

Saying only for those whose teachers decided not to use the 2020 papers and 2019 papers for this assesments.

Rough guide for A*?A?B?

Anyone?

Share below....

In terms of percentage wise
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Grade boundaries are decided after the exams have taken place based on how candidates have performed. There can't be any form of national analysis of that this year because there is no consistency in the exams people are taking, so there will not be '2021 grade boundaries'
Reply 2
Alright.

Roughyl how much would you all think An A*or A is in percentage as an average?
this was october 2020 grade boundaries not too bad if i'm honest
Reply 4
Ahh okay....yeah i had my applied paper today and it was out of 32 marks...i just know i have got 10-12 marks wrong.

But then if people in my year have done better than me, would they raise the grade boundaries higher than the national average?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ria214
Ahh okay....yeah i had my applied paper today and it was out of 32 marks...i just know i have got 10-12 marks wrong.

But then if people in my year have done better than me, would they raise the grade boundaries higher than the national average?

i think you don't understand how grades will be given to us this year (i'm assuming you're in year 13) read this tsr post on how awards will be graded https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/news/coronavirus-education-help-and-advice/whats-happening-with-gcse-and-a-level-exams-in-2021
in summary grades given to us have NOTHING to do with exam boards - the exam boards will just verify that the grades given to us are suitable and acceptable
also i'm sure you didn't do that bad - i had applied as well today and omg it was so hard :frown:
good luck !!
Reply 6
Original post by inara_30
i think you don't understand how grades will be given to us this year (i'm assuming you're in year 13) read this tsr post on how awards will be graded https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/news/coronavirus-education-help-and-advice/whats-happening-with-gcse-and-a-level-exams-in-2021
in summary grades given to us have NOTHING to do with exam boards - the exam boards will just verify that the grades given to us are suitable and acceptable
also i'm sure you didn't do that bad - i had applied as well today and omg it was so hard :frown:
good luck !!

Ahh okay. I do know that in fact. But some subjects are just using 2020 ones and some are just using an average grade boundary across the 3 years which kinda confuses me.

On the otherside, how many exams did you have today?

I had like 3 today (math physics and chem).
Original post by Ria214
Ahh okay. I do know that in fact. But some subjects are just using 2020 ones and some are just using an average grade boundary across the 3 years which kinda confuses me.

i've been having exams since we came back from easter holidays but today i have one and tomorrow i have chem
wait as your'e doing chemistry can i ask you a chem question ?
i think you should ask your teacher - they're more reliable than me hahah

Original post by Ria214

@Ria214 i hope your other exams went well
do you just do maths physics and chem ?
Reply 10
Yep
Reply 11
Yeah

Original post by inara_30
i've been having exams since we came back from easter holidays but today i have one and tomorrow i have chem
wait as your'e doing chemistry can i ask you a chem question ?
Original post by Ria214
Yeah

this question pls ?
i'm confused with reduction and oxidation
Reply 14
I m sorry but i cant be of any help.

All i had for our first chem assessment was questions frim the AS from 2013 jume and 2014 june 1r. And i think i have got like 10 wrong out of 34.

Thats why am a bit stressed at the fact that grade boundaries will be so high this year as people will do extremely well on this assessments as some subjects are just doing ppqs or the 2020 papers.

For Maths, we just had the teacher kinda make up the paper from scratch as she thought like this is the only fair method.

And also, why the f is the Exam Boards charging exam fees when we're not sitting proper exams but instead school tests and all the exam boards are just doing is just checking and correcting a teacher's judgement?

Is the fee covering the amount if in case few people wanna do autumn exams?
Original post by Ria214
I m sorry but i cant be of any help.

All i had for our first chem assessment was questions frim the AS from 2013 jume and 2014 june 1r. And i think i have got like 10 wrong out of 34.

Thats why am a bit stressed at the fact that grade boundaries will be so high this year as people will do extremely well on this assessments as some subjects are just doing ppqs or the 2020 papers.

For Maths, we just had the teacher kinda make up the paper from scratch as she thought like this is the only fair method.

And also, why the f is the Exam Boards charging exam fees when we're not sitting proper exams but instead school tests and all the exam boards are just doing is just checking and correcting a teacher's judgement?

Is the fee covering the amount if in case few people wanna do autumn exams?

that's ok
i'm sorry i have no idea
Reply 16
its C i have the mark scheme for that 2019 paper if you need it

Quick Reply

Latest