My teacher cried in lesson. Could I send her an email hoping she’s okay?

Watch
LaSuGi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 hour ago
My teacher came into class and started crying then stopped and carried on with the lesson but she was holding back crying throughout. No one really did anything as she said to just carry on and be nice (as we are anyway)
Would it be appropriate for me to send her on message (on MSTeams like we normally do) just saying I hope she’s okay/ that she feels better soon?
IAmAMcNugget
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
I'm sure she'd appreciate that
Debs25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 41 minutes ago
(Original post by LaSuGi)
My teacher came into class and started crying then stopped and carried on with the lesson but she was holding back crying throughout. No one really did anything as she said to just carry on and be nice (as we are anyway)
Would it be appropriate for me to send her on message (on MSTeams like we normally do) just saying I hope she’s okay/ that she feels better soon?
Even though she won't be at liberty to discuss what the issue is, she'll appreciate that you've taken time to contact her and shown concern. Teaching can sometimes be a thankless task.
Anonymous #1
Report 38 minutes ago
That's very nice of you to consider, and I think you should definitely do it, it will undoubtedly cheer her up.
Just say something along the lines of: "Hi Miss, I hope you are okay after our lesson today. I really appreciate what you do for us as a class." Or something like that.
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 38 minutes ago
I debated this once with a teacher and ended up having a very awkward in-person conversation where I couldn't phrase what I wanted to say quite right lol.

I think a message is the best idea!
Last edited by ashtolga23; 37 minutes ago
wbanner2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 35 minutes ago
(Original post by LaSuGi)
I think that is very kind and considerate of you, as other users have said. That said, she might have to keep it confidential - but I'm sure she will be grateful for your kindness. An extra point is that if you are really concerned still, perhaps you should speak to another teacher you trust about it?
LaSuGi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 minutes ago
Thank you guys for your help, I sent her a message
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (86)
13.78%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (73)
11.7%
Changed course offer (30)
4.81%
Clearing (42)
6.73%
Conditional offer (8)
1.28%
Deferral (26)
4.17%
Ucas Extra (72)
11.54%
First Generation or First in Family (21)
3.37%
Point of Entry (44)
7.05%
Self-release (91)
14.58%
Tariff Point (51)
8.17%
Unconditional offer (7)
1.12%
Withdrawal (17)
2.72%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (53)
8.49%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (3)
0.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise