The Student Room Group

Legal Degree Apprenticeship

Hi,

I have a few questions about the solicitor degree apprenticeship.

1. Can I apply for a separate course at normal universities? E.g. if I wanted to do History at normal unis but apply for a law degree apprenticeship, would that still be possible? I would only be talking about history on my personal statement, so would that be a problem?

2. How competitive are they, especially the top ones?

3. What are they looking for? I am strong academically - working at 3 A*s, achieved nine 9s and one 8 at GCSE - will that give me a significant advantage, or do they place more value on the assessments and interviews e.g. group activity?

4. When are the application dates if I would be starting university in 2022?

Thanks.
Hiya, this information isn't specifically for Solicitor degree apprenticeships but can be applied to the vast majority of apprenticeships.

1) You apply to apprenticeships separately from universities. This means you can still pick 5 unis to go to, along with applying to as many apprenticeships as you want to.

2) Highly competitive, for engineering it is usually 20/30 people per place. Not sure about Solicitor apprenticeships sorry.

3) Good grades would give you an advantage, however, they also look for people with a good attitude. Someone who will stay dedicated and will work well as a member in their company. Some employees tend to favour these traits over grades.

4) Applications open all the time, the majority open from December to February, however, this can range.
Original post by Rockyd123
Hi,

I have a few questions about the solicitor degree apprenticeship.

1. Can I apply for a separate course at normal universities? E.g. if I wanted to do History at normal unis but apply for a law degree apprenticeship, would that still be possible? I would only be talking about history on my personal statement, so would that be a problem?

2. How competitive are they, especially the top ones?

3. What are they looking for? I am strong academically - working at 3 A*s, achieved nine 9s and one 8 at GCSE - will that give me a significant advantage, or do they place more value on the assessments and interviews e.g. group activity?

4. When are the application dates if I would be starting university in 2022?

Thanks.

How many are you thinking to apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending