sultirep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can't decide which one to choose! Studying Maths. Which one is best in your experience? I've visited both and like both but can't decide.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you like both then flip a coin - there’s no wrong answer
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Liverpool - far more interesting place to live than Reading, and Uni has bigger STEM focus.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sultirep)
I can't decide which one to choose! Studying Maths. Which one is best in your experience? I've visited both and like both but can't decide.
Hey sultirep,

So sorry we haven't seen this message yet!

I personally don't study maths but my friend does and he seems to really enjoy it. I would recommend perhaps speaking to Kira who is currently studying maths to see how she found it. At Reading Uni they offer lots of support to help you get through including using small workshops and trying to ease the transition between A-levels maths and University maths.

Whilst admittedly I don't know a lot about what it is like being a maths student at Reading I do know what it is like being a student at the University of Reading. We're a small friendly campus university and only a short 25 min walk away from the town centre. There we have great connections all over the country. The general support offered at Reading Uni I have found to be really helpful especially the careers service. I've utilised it many times including for thrive mentoring, RED award and 1 to 1 careers chats.

I hope this helps you make your decision and if there is something about the university you would specifically like to know then please don't hesitate to let us know!
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Last edited by UniofReading; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (61)
29.05%
No (149)
70.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed