Sshaiao
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not sure which uni to pick for product design. I managed to narrow it down to Nottingham Trent uni and Coventry uni. I have received an unconditional for Coventry uni.
Adam Z
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yo i got unconditional for coventry and a conditional for NTU Product Design BSc. I also got offers from Brunel, Staffordshire and UCA. I'm pretty unsure of which uni to go for. So far I'm leaning towards NTU cus it has pretty good night life, the course seems pretty good and the campus and facilities, student satisfaction as well as employability and salary data seems pretty solid. Many people have told me that Coventry as a city is rlly dead but idk I thought that the accommodation and course seemed decent. The other unis also have similar courses, Brunel was my number 1 choice but I heard a bunch of negative stuff about the course and student satisfaction is like 60% so that's prolly a no-no.
Yeah tbh I'm still not entirely sure but I think I'll end up firming Nottingham Trent and putting 1 of the other 4 as insurance.
Adam Z
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here, I've received an unconditional from Coventry and a conditional from NTU BSc prod design. Idk which to choose: Also got an offer for industrial design at Brunel, UCA and Staffordshire. I heard from many that Coventry is pretty dead but idk the campus and accommodation seem pretty nice. NTU got a bunch of great societies, the course seems pretty good and Nottingham as a city looks real good. I think NTU will prolly be my firm but I'm not sure of what to pick as an insurance
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adam Z)
Same here, I've received an unconditional from Coventry and a conditional from NTU BSc prod design. Idk which to choose: Also got an offer for industrial design at Brunel, UCA and Staffordshire. I heard from many that Coventry is pretty dead but idk the campus and accommodation seem pretty nice. NTU got a bunch of great societies, the course seems pretty good and Nottingham as a city looks real good. I think NTU will prolly be my firm but I'm not sure of what to pick as an insurance
Hey Adam Z

It's great to hear you've got an offer from us to study Product Design. Please give us a shout if you have any Qs about the course in Staffs in particular

Thanks

Amy
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sshaiao)
I'm not sure which uni to pick for product design. I managed to narrow it down to Nottingham Trent uni and Coventry uni. I have received an unconditional for Coventry uni.
Hi Sshaiao
Congratulations on getting the offer! If you have any questions about Coventry University don't hesitate to ask!

As a current student at Coventry University, I can only recommend it. It provides a truly wonderful experience, whether that is through helpful and kind professors, clean modern facilities or through the variety of programmes designed to help you succeed in finding an internship or securing a future career. There are numerous other things that make Coventry University a great place to study, so if there is anything you are particularly worried about, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day

Tereza
Student Ambassador
International Relations Student
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adam Z)
yo i got unconditional for coventry and a conditional for NTU Product Design BSc. I also got offers from Brunel, Staffordshire and UCA. I'm pretty unsure of which uni to go for. So far I'm leaning towards NTU cus it has pretty good night life, the course seems pretty good and the campus and facilities, student satisfaction as well as employability and salary data seems pretty solid. Many people have told me that Coventry as a city is rlly dead but idk I thought that the accommodation and course seemed decent. The other unis also have similar courses, Brunel was my number 1 choice but I heard a bunch of negative stuff about the course and student satisfaction is like 60% so that's prolly a no-no.
Yeah tbh I'm still not entirely sure but I think I'll end up firming Nottingham Trent and putting 1 of the other 4 as insurance.
Hi Adam Z

Congratulations on all the offers!

Personally speaking, as a Coventry University student I have never felt the city is 'dead'. On the contrary, there are always things to do, at least through my experience, not taking into account lockdowns when everything was closed. The University is situated directly in the city centre of Coventry and therefore is surrounded by cafes, restaurants, pubs, clubs or other interesting places. Moreover, Coventry is The City of Culture 2021, so there are numerous events planned throughout the year starting next week!
There is a variety of student accommodations in Coventry to choose from, so no matter what budget you may have, there is something for everyone! There are also new student accommodations being built all the time, so a lot of them are situated in completely new buildings.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Hope this helped

Tereza
Student Ambassador
International Relations Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads