livkatie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im unsure whether to go newcastle uni or cardiff uni. A big deciding factor for me is how close the surf is.. I probably wont have a car in first year and i was wondering if you can get to a good surf in south wales by any other transportation such as biking/ walking/ bus? or is there any transportation set up by the surf society? and if so, how long will it take?
I know Newcastle uni has an excellent metro system which pretty much takes u from accommodation to the beach in 10 or so minutes- perfect for an early 6am surf! However
is the surf better in south wales then north east England? if so where are the best places near cardiff?
Newcastle University Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! I'm Mollie, a recent graduate from Newcastle (last summer!), I just wanted to say that you're right about the metro taking you pretty much straight to Tynemouth. I loved it, and visited on a lot of weekends, lots of my friends surfed while they were at Newcastle, so it definitely is a great place to do it if you are interested, plus you can join the surf club too! https://www.nusu.co.uk/getinvolved/sports/club/6400/

Let me know if you have any questions at all,
Mollie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.43%
England (143)
34.71%
Belgium (32)
7.77%
Germany (41)
9.95%
Spain (10)
2.43%