gcse chemistry

Watch this thread
ineedhelp280
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi could anyone answer these questions?
ineedhelp280
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by ineedhelp280)
hi could anyone answer these questions?
Name:  IMG_20210504_202749.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  371.4 KBName:  IMG_20210504_202804.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  348.6 KB
MTChemist
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey its me again
for the first one - its because chromate ions are negative and are yellow so they will accumulate at the positive electrode and turn the solution from green to yellow
MTChemist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For number 2 it should be water
For number 3 positive cu2+ ions travel to negative electrode (electrostatic attraction) and accept electrons - reduction - so they turn into copper metal and deposit around the electrode
MTChemist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
for the final one - potassium/potassium ions go to the negative electrode and iodine/iodide ions go to the positive electrode
ineedhelp280
Rep:
(Original post by MTChemist)
Hey its me again
for the first one - its because chromate ions are negative and are yellow so they will accumulate at the positive electrode and turn the solution from green to yellow
Thanks so much for all your help, I might actually pass my test now
MTChemist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
no worries - and GOOD LUCK !!!
you got this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads