Did I do something wrong?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a while now. We are always talking about not wanting to use condoms anymore and I was really starting to get excited about it.

Now all of a sudden he’s decided he doesn’t want to because of issues like pregnancy/stds and stuff (I’ve tested negative for stds) which he knows. I’m just kind of confused as to why the sudden change.

I feel really offended by this,
Should I be?
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I read that as brother and almost slammed my laptop shut :lol:

The points he's made are valid. Maybe he's realised how negatively consequential it could be for you two. I wouldn't be offended. Have you tried asking him?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s very reasonable to be worried about pregnancy. It would be very wise to get on some other form of contraception before dispensing with the condoms, as I’m sure you know.

I dunno why his mind changed quickly. Maybe he read something on the internet about conception, pregnancy, the cost of raising kids... idk. Best to talk to him about it
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 week ago
jenerous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't see any reason why you should. Whether or not you want to use any sort of contraception, that is a decision you both have to make. I also think he's being quite reasonable with the reasons why he has changed his decision, although that might be affected by other things too.
It's always best to discuss with the other person, if you're ever unsure of their actions/responses.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
I read that as brother and almost slammed my laptop shut :lol:

The points he's made are valid. Maybe he's realised how negatively consequential it could be for you two. I wouldn't be offended. Have you tried asking him?
I have he doesn’t say why just that he’s changed his mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (5)
13.16%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (25)
65.79%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (6)
15.79%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
2.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
2.63%

Watched Threads