How do I stop being so needy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm so needy and obsessed about a girl I've been dating, I've realized it's a problem, any advice on how to stop this? I have ADHD.
gcsehelpx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How to combat ADHD?
Simple changes to daytime habits go a long way toward ensuring solid nightly sleep.
Avoid caffeine late in the day.
Exercise vigorously and regularly, but not within an hour of bedtime.
Create a predictable and quiet “bedtime” routine, including taking a hot shower or bath just before bed.
Last edited by gcsehelpx; 1 week ago
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have the same issue and I've also got ADHD. I'm sorry I can't be of much help because I don't even know how to stop it myself, I just hope you knowing that you're not alone in this makes you feel a little less concerned
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
I have the same issue and I've also got ADHD. I'm sorry I can't be of much help because I don't even know how to stop it myself, I just hope you knowing that you're not alone in this makes you feel a little less concerned
Should I tell her about it?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I’d it ok to ask about your experience, I want to understand
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Should I tell her about it?
About your ADHD or you being worried that you're too needy?
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’d it ok to ask about your experience, I want to understand
Ofc! Ask away
Anonymous #1
About your ADHD or you being worried that you're too needy?
ADHD or both?
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ADHD or both?
Maybe tell her you do have ADHD and ask her if it does bother her. I'm sure it doesn't, you might just be overthinking it (which is understandable, I also overthink things, as do many other people). It'll make you feel more at ease I'm sure!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Ofc! Ask away
Thank you!! how does having ADHD effect having a relationship and concentration?
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you!! how does having ADHD effect having a relationship and concentration?
I feel like in a relationship it can affect it, but not to the point where it'd be impossible for you to stay with someone. For me, I talk a lot, I probably end up talking more than the other person and then I end up overthinking it and think that I'm annoying but usually the other person doesn't seem to mind. I think speaking about these things with the person definitely helps.

Lord I'm so bad at explaining but I hope that made sense. If it doesn't lmk I'll try to re-explain!!

As you might expect, ADHD affects concentration massively but having the meds regularly does help with concentration
Anonymous #1
I feel like in a relationship it can affect it, but not to the point where it'd be impossible for you to stay with someone. For me, I talk a lot, I probably end up talking more than the other person and then I end up overthinking it and think that I'm annoying but usually the other person doesn't seem to mind. I think speaking about these things with the person definitely helps.

Lord I'm so bad at explaining but I hope that made sense. If it doesn't lmk I'll try to re-explain!!

As you might expect, ADHD affects concentration massively but having the meds regularly does help with concentration
I agree with the points mentioned here.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago

Thanks for explaining this helps a lot, at first I didn’t understand. Thanks
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for explaining this helps a lot, at first I didn’t understand. Thanks
No worries I'm glad you wanted to know more about it. If you've got any more questions you can PM me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (5)
11.9%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (29)
69.05%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (6)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
2.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
2.38%

Watched Threads