jaxp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm going into sixth form next year and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips? I'm planning on studying 1h-1h30m for each subject every day, so 3h-4h30m revision daily. Do you think this is too much? I think I might burn myself out? Also, any other just general tips would be much appreciated!
I'm taking maths, physics and psychology.

Thanks
linedpaper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
4hrs revision seems a bit much unless you’re doing some in your frees.
I’m in y12 currently, 4 A levels and frankly don’t do any revision, my revision is catch-up on work.

We’ve got exams soon, I’ll probably do 2 hrs building up to 3 a day so yeah, give yourself time to relax also.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
flashcards
mindmaps
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jaxp)
I'm going into sixth form next year and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips? I'm planning on studying 1h-1h30m for each subject every day, so 3h-4h30m revision daily. Do you think this is too much? I think I might burn myself out? Also, any other just general tips would be much appreciated!
I'm taking maths, physics and psychology.

Thanks
Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

My tip would be to keep on top of things from day 1 especially with maths as the early topics will form the base to build on later in the year so if you have gaps in knowledge from the start of the year, you will find it harder. 3-4 hours is a lot and you may find you lose concentration half way through, so I would recommend taking breaks between revision.

I hope this helps,
Ethan - UOP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (5)
14.29%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (22)
62.86%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (6)
17.14%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
2.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise