john262812
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, i have a few questions that i need clarification on.
1- What are some pros and cons of cloud computing.
2-How are URLS converted into IP's?
3- How do you know if a network is peer-to-peer or client server in a home apart from there being no physical server?

Component 2-
How would you draw more advanced logic gates like A AND (B OR C)
How do you calculate the amount of bits of a bitmap image?
How does a character set represent a strong in a variable?

Thank you
ellwella
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1- pros : can be accessed from any time, anywhere from any connected device. Easy to add more devices. Little hardware required
cons: must have access to the internet. Vulnerable to attacks
2- The URL is typed into the search engine. The DNS holds the translations of all the URLs into IP addresses. The IP address for the URL typed in is located in the DNS and the website is redirected
3- Files are not stored in a central device. Copies of files have to be made to send them to other devices. All computers have access to files in the network
4- draw the logic gate for B OR C first. Then draw the AND logic gate with input values of A and the result of (B OR C)
5+6- unsure about these ones sorry
john262812
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellwella)
1- pros : can be accessed from any time, anywhere from any connected device. Easy to add more devices. Little hardware required
cons: must have access to the internet. Vulnerable to attacks
2- The URL is typed into the search engine. The DNS holds the translations of all the URLs into IP addresses. The IP address for the URL typed in is located in the DNS and the website is redirected
3- Files are not stored in a central device. Copies of files have to be made to send them to other devices. All computers have access to files in the network
4- draw the logic gate for B OR C first. Then draw the AND logic gate with input values of A and the result of (B OR C)
5+6- unsure about these ones sorry
Thanks so much! I'm still a bit confused about the logic gate one- i've drawn the B OR C but not sure what to do next?
ellwella
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
above the B OR C gate write A. then draw a line from the B OR C gate into the AND gate. the other input into the AND gate is A
john262812
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellwella)
above the B OR C gate write A. then draw a line from the B OR C gate into the AND gate. the other input into the AND gate is A
Thanks so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (324)
77.51%
No (94)
22.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed