Student finance won’t fund my first year because I’ve previously studied a degree

Watch
sessyboox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

Long story short... I started a degree in September 2018 and only went for a year. In September 2019 I got pregnant and didn’t complete second year. I’d also moved address and my uni was a bit further. However being pregnant and forgetful I never told uni I wasn’t coming back and student finance paid out for part of year two. I now owe them maintenance loan which is due to come out my loan for my degree this September which is all sorted. However, student finance are saying I’ve studied two years therefore they won’t fund my first year?? I literally have no other way of funding this new degree and I never even attended 2nd year once yet they’re saying I have which I’m presuming they’re saying because they paid out part of it. Is there anyway I can dispute this? I was pregnant and wouldn’t have been able to attend anyway.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can apply for CPR to get that years entitlement back. If it isn’t granted then there is not other way to dispute it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.26%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (51)
65.38%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.1%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
8.97%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed