The Student Room Group

You got 4/5/6 in your gcse's but still got into a russel group university!

I wanna know if there is anyone out there that can give me hope as to whether I can get into a Russel group uni with my awful GCSE grades ranging at 4/5/6. Would this be enough for medicine if I do well in my A levels?
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
bump

thank you! i really need this answered by someone as I am stressing so much
Original post by Sabidi
thank you! i really need this answered by someone as I am stressing so much

me as well! it will really help with motivation if you can
Yes, truthfully speaking, only oxford cares about GCSE's, as long as your a levels meet the subject requirements and are at or over AAA then you're good. Once you have the predicted, medicine interviews+Ucat/Bmat are the next hurdles!
You should post in this thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5678544

And you should add your English language and Maths grades specifically. They are likely to be the biggest barrier.

Original post by AstaYunoo
Yes, truthfully speaking, only oxford cares about GCSE's,

That is not accurate. Most med schools have minimum grades for English/maths. Some med schools that aren't Oxford are very strict about GCSEs e.g. Cardiff.
Original post by nexttime
You should post in this thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5678544

And you should add your English language and Maths grades specifically. They are likely to be the biggest barrier.

That is not accurate. Most med schools have minimum grades for English/maths. Some med schools that aren't Oxford are very strict about GCSEs e.g. Cardiff.

Yes you're right !!! I presumed OP had a couple of 4-6's but I've realised they are talking about all their gcse's. Realistically you need around 4-7 subjects at 7 or more to qualify for the requirements of russel groups .
Of course if you do not have the grades you may meet contextual offers (have more specific requirements eg KCL, Bristol) depending on your criteria, and can apply through foundation programmes as well. The key is to do your research, meet the requirements and apply strategically

Quick Reply

Latest