The Student Room Group

first year law student

guys, how hard is second year compared to first? is it as hard as people make it seem
Honestly, in my opinion older law students try to scare the ones in their first year. I'm a third year law student and yes there is a difference between first year and second year but, its not as significant as you have probably been led to believe. There is always a natural progression from one year to the next which, we have all experienced our whole entire lives through the school system.

I really wouldn't worry it's nothing that you can't handle !
Reply 2
Thought it was easier tbh. The actual content wasn’t significantly more difficult but u will have better exam technique and learn to be more selective with the readings. The only thing more difficult is having to balance job applications and AC prep on top of everything.

Third year and dissertations are a whole nother story. Personally, I would still struggle even if I had started preparing for them in the womb. But dw you’ll be fine.
Original post by TFEU
Thought it was easier tbh. The actual content wasn’t significantly more difficult but u will have better exam technique and learn to be more selective with the readings. The only thing more difficult is having to balance job applications and AC prep on top of everything.

Third year and dissertations are a whole nother story. Personally, I would still struggle even if I had started preparing for them in the womb. But dw you’ll be fine.

Luckily third years in my uni got the choice this year whether we wanted to do a dissertation or another module. Thankfully, I swerved the dissertation drama! lol
Reply 4
Original post by amanikaurr
Luckily third years in my uni got the choice this year whether we wanted to do a dissertation or another module. Thankfully, I swerved the dissertation drama! lol

It’s not compulsory at my uni but older students tricked me and told me most people get high firsts or 2:1s. Don’t know if I will still be alive by then to see it though.
Original post by TFEU
It’s not compulsory at my uni but older students tricked me and told me most people get high firsts or 2:1s. Don’t know if I will still be alive by then to see it though.

Oh no I genuinely feel for you!

Could that be an actionable misrepresentation ...maybe not but, still I believe you will get through it ...alive lol
Original post by TFEU

ooh i see, thank you! :smile: i’m looking forward to it

omg, I hope I do
Honestly, in my opinion older law students try to scare the ones in their first year. I'm a third year law student and yes there is a difference between first year and second year but, its not as significant as you have probably been led to believe. There is always a natural progression from one year to the next which, we have all experienced our whole entire lives through the school system.

I really wouldn't worry it's nothing that you can't handle !

thank you for the feedback :0

I’ll have to ask my uni if I can do that

oh, i'm currently working p/t, 20 hrs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending