Occupational Health Check & DBS

Watch
Shelley1508
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, Can anyone advise when the occupational health check is done and also when the DBS is required. Is this something Keele arranges or is it something I have to do?

Many Thanks
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shelley1508)
Hi, Can anyone advise when the occupational health check is done and also when the DBS is required. Is this something Keele arranges or is it something I have to do?

Many Thanks
Hi Shelley1508,

When I did my PGCE (many moons ago!), I had to apply for my own DBS check however that was some time ago so the process might have changed - and may vary from course to course. If you let me know what course you've applied to, I can drop the relevant academic school an email and confirm the process for you.

Amy Louise
Shelley1508
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keele Postgraduate)
Hi Shelley1508,

When I did my PGCE (many moons ago!), I had to apply for my own DBS check however that was some time ago so the process might have changed - and may vary from course to course. If you let me know what course you've applied to, I can drop the relevant academic school an email and confirm the process for you.

Amy Louise
Hi Amy Louise, thanks for replying.

I am starting Adult Nursing

Kind Regards

Shelley
Last edited by Shelley1508; 1 month ago
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shelley1508)
Hi Amy Louise, thanks for replying.

I am starting Adult Nursing

Kind Regards

Shelley
Hi again Shelley1508!

I've had an email back from the Adult Nursing team to advise as follows:

"The Occupational Health checks are done via a health questionnaire which the student needs to send to their GP and then the rest of the process is completed through Keele's OH team.

In regards to DBS the University completes the check after requesting and verifying official I.D documentation from the student and then the student is required to sign up for the DBS update service."

With regards to your query in the other thread about recommended reading, they've also said the following:

"We don't have a preparatory reading list however we would recommend starting with a light Journal like Nursing Times or Nursing Standard to get an idea of adult nursing roles, scope and profession"

They've also recommended taking a look at https://www.rcn.org.uk/professional-...become-a-nurse and https://www.nmc.org.uk/.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise
Last edited by Keele Postgraduate; 1 month ago
Shelley1508
Rep:
?
That is really useful information. Thank you so much for your help

I will have a look at the recommended reading material.

Kind Regards

Shelley
(Original post by Keele Postgraduate)
Hi again Shelley1508!

I've had an email back from the Adult Nursing team to advise as follows:

"The Occupational Health checks are done via a health questionnaire which the student needs to send to their GP and then the rest of the process is completed through Keele's OH team.

In regards to DBS the University completes the check after requesting and verifying official I.D documentation from the student and then the student is required to sign up for the DBS update service."

With regards to your query in the other thread about recommended reading, they've also said the following:

"We don't have a preparatory reading list however we would recommend starting with a light Journal like Nursing Times or Nursing Standard to get an idea of adult nursing roles, scope and profession"

They've also recommended taking a look at https://www.rcn.org.uk/professional-...become-a-nurse and https://www.nmc.org.uk/.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.01%
England (109)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.36%
Germany (38)
11.76%
Spain (6)
1.86%