what are some good universities with low entry requirements?

Watch
AlixshaxAli
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
cause i'm dumb as hell
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Worcester and Staffordshire unis both have really low entry requirements.
You could also apply for foundation years as the grades will be lower than going straight into year 1
AlixshaxAli
Rep:
?
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
Worcester and Staffordshire unis both have really low entry requirements.
You could also apply for foundation years as the grades will be lower than going straight into year 1
yh that's very far from me hahaha but thank you
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What area are you looking at?
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subject is this for and what are your predicted grades?
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on what you consider "good" (graduate prospects? academic offerings? "prestige"? drinking opportunities?) and what you consider "low" for entry criteria. It might also vary depending on what it is you actually want to study...
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at middle range Unis like Oxford Brookes, Sussex, Plymouth, Nottingham Trent, Aberystwyth, Reading, Leicester, City etc.
All 'sensible Unis' but without mega grade requirements - and often have far more interesting, more useful, courses than Russell Group Unis.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All of the ex-teacher training colleges are excellent universities (but because they’re newer they’re less well known and so less popular) - chichester, winchester, Liverpool hope, worcester and a whole bunch of others. Because they’re based on teacher training they’re GOOD at teaching - so even though entry requirements are low they will coach their students to improve.
AlixshaxAli
Rep:
?
(Original post by one_two_three)
What area are you looking at?
London
AlixshaxAli
Rep:
?
(Original post by something_orphic)
What subject is this for and what are your predicted grades?
Biology,Psychology
BBB-predicted
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AlixshaxAli)
London
City, Roehampton, Kingston, Middlesex.
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biology,Psychology
BBB-predicted
I was expecting much lower grades than that- BBB is actually pretty decent
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could consider Essex and Reading as well depending on where you live in London and if you are willing to commute
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
City, Roehampton, Kingston, Middlesex.
Depends how close to Central London you want to be. Brunel and Royal Holloway are likely to be in that range but are out in West London. Reading, Kent and Essex arent too far away. If you are happy to travel further all the Welsh universities will likely accept you together with universities in the Midlands or North. Probably 3/4 of the universities will accept you with those grades.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey AlixshaxAli,

I can totally appreciate how overwhelming applying to universities can be and how the entry requirements can seem really high but please try your best not to worry! In terms of Reading Uni the applications are considered on a case by case basis and this means that sometimes students do get in even with lower grades than stated on the site. Additionally, Reading Uni offers a one-grade drop if you firm us.

There are also other options including a foundation year. I know multiple people who did a foundation year before they started their first year of pharmacy and have now progressed through the course extremely successfully.

I hope this helps you out and feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Last edited by UniofReading; 1 month ago
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biology,Psychology
BBB-predicted
Have you looked at Liverpool? It's in the Russell Group but you could probably get in with those grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (147)
43.11%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.73%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.21%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.11%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.97%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed