The Student Room Group

Do you think it's okay to go out with your best friends' crush?

^^

Scroll to see replies

if your best friend's okay with it, sure.
Reply 2
Original post by twinklelittlstar
if your best friend's okay with it, sure.

this ^^
kinda weird, depends on how long they've had the crush, was it a serious crush or more of a subtle attraction? imo it's weird all around (unless you were dating before they revealed they had a crush on them) but to each their own
Original post by Anonymous
kinda weird, depends on how long they've had the crush, was it a serious crush or more of a subtle attraction? imo it's weird all around (unless you were dating before they revealed they had a crush on them) but to each their own

Don't you think it would be 'weirder' if you were dating and then later your friend reveals that they like who you're with?
Having a crush and not doing anything about it is such a difficult situation to be in anyway. You can’t just sit back and wait for a person to notice you. If your best friend is doing that then they’re just asking for it.

You could talk to them about it - be like ’’hey if you’re interested in that guy you should go do something about it or else I will.’’ How’s that for motivation?
Reply 6
Original post by PhoenixRose338
^^

If he introduced me to the girl and i fancied her. i would tell him i fancy her too and that i will give him some time to shoot his shot and ask her out ...but if he doesn't make a move then i'm going to have a shot at her.

I think that is fair.
If he then gets rejected or doesn't make a move ...then i take a shot at her.

it's not like it's his ex.
if it was his ex i wouldn't make a move.

once when i was at work, someone did the above to me.. and tbh it's fair.
the girl is just going to go to waste if no one steps up and takes a shot at her
Reply 7
Usually considered bad form and likely to give the friendship a knock. If they’re not in the reckoning I suppose you have some justification
Don't you think it would be 'weirder' if you were dating and then later your friend reveals that they like who you're with?

yeah but it wouldn't be as easy to break it off??? Like it would be understandable if you choose to still be in a relationship with them. My point was it would be less weird if you continued to date them because out of nowhere your friend reveals they like your bf or something lmao. More awkward conversations definitely but going out of your way to date your friends crush is just another type of odd.
Original post by Anonymous
yeah but it wouldn't be as easy to break it off??? Like it would be understandable if you choose to still be in a relationship with them. My point was it would be less weird if you continued to date them because out of nowhere your friend reveals they like your bf or something lmao. More awkward conversations definitely but going out of your way to date your friends crush is just another type of odd.

Yeah, I understand your point now. Going out of your way is super weird, I agree. But it isn't the same if they ask you first, right?

I mean, it would be a bit weird, but the weirdness would be their fault for bring it up. You can’t be expected to stay away from their crush if you didn’t even know who they were crushing on at the time.
Yeah, I understand your point now. Going out of your way is super weird, I agree. But it isn't the same if they ask you first, right?

yeah its less weird, but I can also see why it would sting for that friend. Like If I had a friend and I told them I liked this guy and he ends up asking her out after say a few days, I definitely wouldn't stop her but I would lie if I didn't say it would hurt/ would avoid you for some time. But yeah less weird than if you went after them - but in the eyes of your friend, they might not see the difference. Generally just a messy situation all around, I'd say avoid it unless you sincerely really like this person, otherwise you're bound to face some awkward weeks for sometime.
Reply 12
Imagine this, you meet a new bunch of people ... you learn on the grapevine that 4 hot girls from the group think you're "peng" and are open to dating you but none of them will actually go through with that notion because the 5th girl in the group .. Bertha (the unattractive one who you wouldn't date in a million years) crushed on you first.

you are now c0ckblocked because the ugly one has laid claim to you.

you ok with that chief?
^^

Nah the some of my friends just come ahead if any girl
I don't believe in girl code. You can't help who you like.
Reply 15
problem not solved because she would reject you even though she wants to go out with you, because you're Bertha's crush
(edited 2 years ago)
i think wong
i think you should go out with your best friend instead
If they're your best friends crush, how did you even start talking to them? And surely your best friend knows that you like them too if you're going out with them.
Original post by blastlaw4
i think you should go out with your best friend instead

yes
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending