The Student Room Group

Jaw surgery

I'm 18 and went through the process of having braces however my teeth kind of relapsed but that isn't the issue, my jaw is, my dentist in fact told me that I might need jaw surgery when I was 16 and never brought it up again and now I would like to have it done, so how do I go about doing this should I straight up ask for the jaw surgery or... Yeh I don't know please help and would it still be free due to it being under the NHS and after the hypothetical surgery would I get braces again?
(edited 2 years ago)
Honestly I think most surgeons use like, a scalpel and other equipment or something. Using their jaw just sounds kind of unsanitary.
(edited 2 years ago)
Real talk. Just speak to your dentist or orthodontist about it, don’t worry :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Real talk. Just speak to your dentist or orthodontist about it, don’t worry :smile:

Yeh, but the whole thing is me not wearing my retainers so the relapse and then after having surgery I don't think they would give me braces after the treatment ugh I don't I'll just ask
Jaw surgery typically involves the use of fixed braces before, during and after, but it obviously depends on your individual treatment.

Ask your dentist about it, there’s a long waiting list for everything at the moment so delaying won’t do you any favours.

Quick Reply

Latest