The Student Room Logo
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
sarahmc709
I got a place in Nursing in Queens...but i was wondering how its gna work out for freshers week n stuff :/

hey Sarah in what way do you mean how is it going to work out :smile: ? What branch did u get into to ? x
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
during freshers week you'll be in week one of your timetable; going to proper lectures, practical, tutorials etc so you'll miss a fair bit of the stuff that goes on during the day
Reply 2342
hey shelly theres a part on the form to add dependants name, D.O.B. and relationship to u but im not sure if its all we need to do....hopefully at the bursary info session on the 14th will tell us more. :smile:

hey prettygirls, its def long birth certs we have to send in, its says on the forms the long one which shows our name as well as the childs.....the form from child benefit is just to show your entitlement...suppose its just to prove they are our children, lol....hope this helps...:smile:
Pretty Girls10
Hi Louise jus wondering bout the shoes, wud the hush puppies or rocket dog shoes be ok, cuz I seen nice shoes that I thought wud hav been ok lol...Thank youuu! x

doesnt matter the brand, thet just have to fully encase the foot
Reply 2344
phoned bursary people to check if i was filling out form ok as i have 2 wee kids a 2 and 3 year old and apparently i have to score it all out as im not entitled to any extra allowances just the £6055 is it, as my wife earns over £6000 per year
Reply 2345
newguy30
phoned bursary people to check if i was filling out form ok as i have 2 wee kids a 2 and 3 year old and apparently i have to score it all out as im not entitled to any extra allowances just the £6055 is it, as my wife earns over £6000 per year
thats not good news at all new guy...are you not even entitled to the parents learning allowance?
louise_1229
doesnt matter the brand, thet just have to fully encase the foot

I'm not worried bout the brand but they are strong an durable shoes, I hav a pair for wrk so they should be ok:smile:
Trisha99
hey shelly theres a part on the form to add dependants name, D.O.B. and relationship to u but im not sure if its all we need to do....hopefully at the bursary info session on the 14th will tell us more. :smile:

hey prettygirls, its def long birth certs we have to send in, its says on the forms the long one which shows our name as well as the childs.....the form from child benefit is just to show your entitlement...suppose its just to prove they are our children, lol....hope this helps...:smile:

Thanks trisha il hav 2 sort tht when I receive the forms, thank you:smile:
newguy30

Ahhhh thts the same for me then cuz my hubby wrks fulltime, looks like il be keepin on my wee job with the trust...
Reply 2349
Pretty Girls10
Hi cazalou, I havent got the bursary forms yet, so we need long birth certs......flip sake I only have short certs aswell I wonder wud they do? lol an wat is needed from the child benefit..more stress lol :eek3: x

Hi Pretty Girls...yeah we need a letter frm child benefit just to verify our entitlement and i shall be going to get my long birth certs in the morn....I want to have everything sent away as soon as possible...:wink:
Reply 2350
nope trisha im not entitled to parents learning allowance either which i was with studentfinanceni last year for access
nicki xo
hey Sarah in what way do you mean how is it going to work out :smile: ? What branch did u get into to ? x

hi Nicki, I got in to Adult Nursing in Feb??
Reply 2352
newguy30
nope trisha im not entitled to parents learning allowance either which i was with studentfinanceni last year for access
thats a nightmare and not fair at all...i got it through access last year too, hoping they dont knock me back this time.....iv filled in everything on the forms anyway, must give them a ring too just to double check....cant believe we start nx wk, its flew in.
newguy30

Trisha99

I can't quite remember how, but it is has something to do with child tax credits, you can recieve parents learning allowance. It is talked about in the bursary talk, so it might be worth waiting before sending your forms away, or phoning up the finance department in the student guidance center, and ask their advice.
Sorry I can't be of an more help... but I know there is something. And you are entitled to it, so don't just let it go :smile:
Reply 2354
just checked again with bursary people ,got somebody else this time who was also very nice and very helpful, he says that the parents learning allowance is not means tested but to be eligible for it you have to qualify for the other dependants allowances for 1st ,2nd child which is means tested and because my wife earns more than a certain amount, i am not eligible for theses allowances so i dont get parents learning allowance either which i did get last year from studentfinanceni. i am just entitled to basic bursary same as anybody else as it stands.
Reply 2355
Hi again...I too am just off the phone to the bursary people...the lady told me that I only need long birth certs for the kids.....I had just ordered one for myself as well which I had no need to do...It doesnt state that on the forms though...they must think we are made of money:s-smilie: .......7 working days for them to arrive...but at least I can send my short one in with sb1 form....
Reply 2356
anyone know what times queens open day times are this thurs and fri?...like what time they start at and finish at etc
cazalou
Hi Pretty Girls...yeah we need a letter frm child benefit just to verify our entitlement and i shall be going to get my long birth certs in the morn....I want to have everything sent away as soon as possible...:wink:

Hey cazalou...I dont need any of tht extra stuff as im not entitled to it so ive my forms an all away, jus had to send my own birth cert..:smile: I know wat u mean u jus want to hav all tht stuff organised x
apiedi
anyone know what times queens open day times are this thurs and fri?...like what time they start at and finish at etc

Hi apiedi, not sure of the times, it mite be on the queens website if u check tht out:smile:
Reply 2359
see some of you tomorrow at the uniform fitting, i'm sure i'll be one of many standing with a big grin on my face! Going to have a look around campus etc hope the rain stays away :frown:

Quick Reply