The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

thankyou, this was reali helpful well done for getting this far and good luck for completing the course <3
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3221
at least were all in the same boat lol. waiting is terrible :frown:
I would say it will be about early June because that's when I found out about my last one when i applied a few years ago! We just have to sit tight and hope for the best! Positive thoughts! :smile: xx
Reply 3223
i think at the very latest it'll be the start of june, they said when i rang everyone would be notified by the start of june, kind of expecting it some coming saturday of may haha. fingers crossed i have no back up if i dont get in!
Reply 3224
Hi everyone, had my interview for midwifery today and the receptionist confirmed that Thursday & Friday were the last days of interviews!! Looks like we will hear in a few weeks time!! xx
Reply 3225
omg cant believe theyre still interviewing :frown: mine was the 6th march and feels like forever ago. how did u get on emma? x
Reply 3226
heloo,
see if you have applied 5 ucas options and then your queens nursing application separate. do you firm and pick your insurance for ucas regardless of if you have applied for queens nursing. and then if you get an offer for queens how do u cancel your ucas choices?

im confused :s-smilie: lol

any help??

xx
Reply 3227
Ok kellyann, I'm just glad it's over to be honest! I had my nursing interview on the 7th of March so know how you feel! Won't be long now. xx
Reply 3228
Who's your personal tutor Nicole? They should be able to help you.
Original post by accessstudent
hi jumping way ahead of myself here but does anyone know how they select for the september or february intake? is it just random? :s-smilie:

Its just random, I started in feb 11 n I got 23/25 in my interview score n i no someone who got 21 who got offered sept. feb intake seems to be more mature students n its not a big intake which is nice
Original post by nicoleio
heloo,
see if you have applied 5 ucas options and then your queens nursing application separate. do you firm and pick your insurance for ucas regardless of if you have applied for queens nursing. and then if you get an offer for queens how do u cancel your ucas choices?

im confused :s-smilie: lol

any help??

xx

yes just pick a firm and insurance on ucas queens is completely seperate n doesnt affect ucas at all
Original post by little-cuttie
i was so nervy the lady actually laughed and told me to relax haha

i rang to ask before my interview and got very blunt answers, i suppose people are calling constant asking the same questions. i alredi have all my exams, i wonder will they give me an unconditional offer or make me wait till august thats even if i get an offer at all lol

what branch r u for?

u will not get an unconditional offer as u have 2 pass occupational health and a police check but these are both straight forward if ur not a criminal n ur in good health lol
Reply 3232
Original post by EmmaD123
Who's your personal tutor Nicole? They should be able to help you.

andrew lol! but we never see him! have u firmed anything on your ucas yet?? xx
Reply 3233
Original post by nicoleio
andrew lol! but we never see him! have u firmed anything on your ucas yet?? xx

Good luck finding him! Lol I didn't apply through Ucas, only queens but if it doesn't work out this year I will be applying next year so keep me posted.
Reply 3234
ok so someone has said 3rd or 4th week in may, i would love to ring and ask but afraid of them thinking "LEAVE US ALONE!" lol.
Hi ! I'm hoping to do midwifery next year(2013) , so if any one could help me I'd really appriciate it!

1) Did you have any nursing/ hospital experience?
2)How'd you get into it?
3) What sort of Questions did they ask in the interview?
4) How long was it?
5)Where else did you apply?

If anyone would be so kind to help me, could you quote me please!?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by snowpatrolchlo
Hi ! I'm hoping to do midwifery next year(2013) , so if any one could help me I'd really appriciate it!

1) Did you have any nursing/ hospital experience?
2)How'd you get into it?
3) What sort of Questions did they ask in the interview?
4) How long was it?
5)Where else did you apply?

If anyone would be so kind to help me, could you quote me please!?
Thanks in advance!

Hey

I have been volunteering and i also have a hospital placement! I got these by ringing the volunteering department at Altnagelvin hospital. The interview was really general! Lasted roughly 20 mins.. asked things like why nursing/ Queens what qualities i had etc.

I also applied to Magee (unsuccessful) and i have applied to Midwifery & Nursing at Queens. Its very competitive in N Ireland to study nursing! I think if i dont get accepted this yr i will consider going over seas.

hope this helped! Any questions message me :-)
Reply 3237
Has anyone got their offer letters yet? i know they said May but gave no spesification to when in May
Have taken to checking the letter box about 6 times a day! haha, im genuinly losing my mind
Original post by marymayx
Has anyone got their offer letters yet? i know they said May but gave no spesification to when in May
Have taken to checking the letter box about 6 times a day! haha, im genuinly losing my mind

nope nothing yet for me anyway! Im guessing it may be towards the end of May
Reply 3239
i rang them yesterday they said registry is telling them end of may still...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending