The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds v Edinburgh v Bristol

Have an offer from all 3, love them all. I'm studying English and in terms of course, price, cities etc... all three seem great. I was wondering about the social aspect of the three. I love going out but also want a group of friends or community. I feel edinburgh may be a bit - 4 person to a flat, and while they may have more of a student community/ better SU, Bristol and Leeds merely clubbing and drugs. Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Have an offer from all 3, love them all. I'm studying English and in terms of course, price, cities etc... all three seem great. I was wondering about the social aspect of the three. I love going out but also want a group of friends or community. I feel edinburgh may be a bit - 4 person to a flat, and while they may have more of a student community/ better SU, Bristol and Leeds merely clubbing and drugs. Any ideas?

(what I mean by edinburgh '4 person to a flat' is that the students are all spread out and in small groups?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I don't think any uni is one dimensional. Bristol and especially Leeds may have a reputation for clubbing / drug culture but that doesn't mean you have to partake or that that's all on offer. Both have great student communities and Leeds has an award winning SU. If you don't want to club much, no one will judge you and there's plenty of other stuff to do. You can find a community at any university you go to, of whatever size you want.

This is coming from a Leeds finalist.

Quick Reply

Latest