Excry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
After being rejected from St andrews and Cambridge my choices have basically come down to these two, the final is my safe which is Liverpool.
Which one is better in terms of employability? And where will I get the most satisfacturery education?
The reason why I picked kcl and nottingham than say ucl or warwick is due to them having a placement year which I find quite important
username5695598
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good luck
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which course do you prefer - they will not be identical.
Look at the optional units for all years of each course and think about which units you will actually choose.
Are there any extras on offer like study abroad or work placements - both are a big plus on your CV.
Think about the reality of living in each place London will be more expensive.
Excry
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Which course do you prefer - they will not be identical.
Look at the optional units for all years of each course and think about which units you will actually choose.
Are there any extras on offer like study abroad or work placements - both are a big plus on your CV.
Think about the reality of living in each place London will be more expensive.
My parents want me to go to KCL because of its international name which I think is defo better than Nottingham, which may make it easier to get a job.
But personally I would prefer to go to nottingham, because 1. I prefer the course it isn't specifically CS it is CS with AI which I defo appreciate 2. I don't think I'll like london much because I have lived in places where it is quite like countryside all my life and I don't really like the hustle of a big city that much and nottingham being a bit smaller is useful and its cheaper!
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Excry)
My parents want me to go to KCL because of its international name which I think is defo better than Nottingham, which may make it easier to get a job.
But personally I would prefer to go to nottingham, because 1. I prefer the course it isn't specifically CS it is CS with AI which I defo appreciate 2. I don't think I'll like london much because I have lived in places where it is quite like countryside all my life and I don't really like the hustle of a big city that much and nottingham being a bit smaller is useful and its cheaper!
Then go to Nottingham.
Its you going to Uni, not your parents, and its time to stand up for what you want.
taxonomy.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shirohige123)
good luck
good luck
Excry
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Then go to Nottingham.
Its you going to Uni, not your parents, and its time to stand up for what you want.
I'm trying but you know how asian parents are,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (107)
40.53%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
7.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (59)
22.35%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (31)
11.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
7.2%

Watched Threads