could this be depression? TW

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
some days I'm just okay, feel empty but okay and other days I'm awful (negative self talk, avoiding social interactions, sleep problems) but when I read about depression, I feel like what I'm experiencing isn't as serious but I've been feeling sooo low within myself for years now that it feels like this low mood is my character and who I am. I've spoken to my GP about this and they offered me counselling which I didnt do, now ive just started CBT but starting to think its not right for me, that I need more than CBT to help me. I also feel like maybe I'm just stressed with exams but I've been let down so much that I feel like that's probably impacted me in some way. I'm so grateful for all I have in my life but ive just never been happy happy
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 month ago
username1340420
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you’re being stupid for not taking up counselling.
Last edited by username1340420; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry but welcome to reality. Honestly this I kinda feels like second hand embarrassment so I wasn’t going to reply but... just grow up. You need to man up. Do you think anyone is happy 100% of the time. Nobody is because that's life. A strong sense of entitlement in your life is going to make you get down at times that isn't validation to play the sympathy card and moan about it. So go ahead. Rather than feeling sorry for yourself, grow up and get on with your exams.
username1340420
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm sorry but welcome to reality. Honestly this I kinda feels like second hand embarrassment so I wasn’t going to reply but... just grow up. You need to man up. Do you think anyone is happy 100% of the time. Nobody is because that's life. A strong sense of entitlement in your life is going to make you get down at times that isn't validation to play the sympathy card and moan about it. So go ahead. Rather than feeling sorry for yourself, grow up and get on with your exams.
I just replied above your reply but your point of view seems on point if it was the case with the questioner.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nbakmac)
I just replied above your reply but your point of view seems on point if it was the case with the questioner.
??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (25)
29.41%
No (60)
70.59%

Watched Threads