Does anyone know any cheap hostels? This summer i'm planning to run away...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Not litterally

Basically, it is expected i am going to suffer a mental breakdown in a job i'm about to do, due to my autism and depression. I will be moving out for the summer but if i decide to quit the job midway, i DO NOT want to move back with parents immediately.

I am thinking of doing a mini travelling in the uk but probably settle for a city in the uk. Just until september. I will keep it a secret from my family too.

Anyone knows every hostel? i don't understand airbnb in the uk because i want my own place.
Bunny-hop123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not litterally

Basically, it is expected i am going to suffer a mental breakdown in a job i'm about to do, due to my autism and depression. I will be moving out for the summer but if i decide to quit the job midway, i DO NOT want to move back with parents immediately.

I am thinking of doing a mini travelling in the uk but probably settle for a city in the uk. Just until september. I will keep it a secret from my family too.

Anyone knows every hostel? i don't understand airbnb in the uk because i want my own place.
There is a nice hostel run by the YHA just outside Stratford Upon Avon. They have both dorms, and individual little pod cabins.
Another nice YHA hostel is in York, and if they have allowed people into Wales, the ones near Snowdonia YHA are lovely. If you want a religious retreat to get over stress and commune with nature, then the Island of Iona has a community. Another idea is to become what is known as "a tumbleweed". These are people who turn up to a very special bookshop in Paris, called "Shakespeare and Company". It is opposite Notre Dame on the left bank. English speaking. You are allowed to turn up and are given a place to stay above the bookshop, if you will work a few hours in the shop each day. A very relaxed literary community in a great city. Enjoy
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not litterally

First, why are you expecting to have a breakdown when you haven't even started a job and what are you doing to address this? Are you getting medical help? Are there other jobs you can consider?

If you travel, tell your family you are going; there is then no need for it to be escalated and the police involved because you have disappeared without a word. And why is this a solution anyway? What is so specific about September and what are you going to do when you get back? If you apply for another job are you going to quit again if it's difficult?

You need to talk to someone professionally to get support, and to understand that what you are proposing is not all good and could get you into a cycle of running away from issues.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
First, why are you expecting to have a breakdown when you haven't even started a job and what are you doing to address this? Are you getting medical help? Are there other jobs you can consider?

If you travel, tell your family you are going; there is then no need for it to be escalated and the police involved because you have disappeared without a word. And why is this a solution anyway? What is so specific about September and what are you going to do when you get back? If you apply for another job are you going to quit again if it's difficult?

You need to talk to someone professionally to get support, and to understand that what you are proposing is not all good and could get you into a cycle of running away from issues.
I'm not felling mentally well right now.

I will have regular contact with family, it's just that i would have to lie i'm at my work city whereas really i have ****ed off and chilling in a random place in Yorkshire or i'm in wales doing **** all.

If i tell my parents i'm travelling, they will demand me to go straight back home. In september i start a university masters course where i will move back with family. This summer job i'm doing is temporary - it's just for the summer.

Anothe reason, i just don't like my family because they are ableist. They mock my mental health issues
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I will have regular contact with family, it's just that i would have to lie i'm at my work city whereas really i have ****ed off and chilling in a random place in Yorkshire or i'm in wales doing **** all.

If i tell my parents i'm travelling, they will demand me to go straight back home. In september i start a university masters course where i will move back with family. This summer job i'm doing is temporary - it's just for the summer.

Anothe reason, i just don't like my family because they are ableist. They mock my mental health issues
How old are you exactly?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

So you did uni, you're going to do a Masters but expect to have a breakdown doing a job? Why did you take it in the first place? How will you cope when you finish your next course and need employment?

Why haven't you moved out, away from your family? What help are you getting if you are suffering with your MH?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (177)
44.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.78%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.02%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (85)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.76%

Watched Threads