JessicaWw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Out of biology, Physics and chemistry. Which one would be the easiest to take?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
None of these are easy. You need to still put in time into them, especially if you’re talking about A level here.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
None of these are easy. You need to still put in time into them, especially if you’re talking about A level here.
Would biology go well with geography and English?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JessicaWw)

Nope.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
Nope.
Oh..
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh..
It’s not about going well with, it’s about what you enjoy.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
sushieater37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know some people who do these combinations however there’s more ease when pairing biology with maths or chemistry as it’s kind of interconnected.
If you love biology then go for it!! Super interesting and fun and it’s kind of memorisation based and some calculations here and there but overall I love it out of all 3 sciences.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
It’s not about going well with, it’s about what you enjoy.
Well I want to be a English or geography teacher and I find biology fairly interesting though my grade isn’t the bast ( C ) my 6th form might allow me to take it. I’m fully prepared for how hard the subject will be.

I plan to write everything down and condense it into notes that I can remember - every mark counts. Also having a note pad for all my alevel subjects with post-it notes labelling the topics so I can refer to them and revise the topics when I need them. I know I might not get higher than a C/B in alevel biology but I’ll definitely put in that effort needed for the content.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
(Original post by sushieater37)
I know some people who do these combinations however there’s more ease when pairing biology with maths or chemistry as it’s kind of interconnected.
If you love biology then go for it!! Super interesting and fun and it’s kind of memorisation based and some calculations here and there but overall I love it out of all 3 sciences.
I want to be a geography or English secondary teacher it was just a subject I have interest in and would like to learn about further.
Last edited by JessicaWw; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I want to be a English or geography teacher and I find biology fairly interesting though my grade isn’t the bast ( C ) my 6th form might allow me to take it. I’m fully prepared for how hard the subject will be.

I plan to write everything down and condense it into notes that I can remember - every mark counts. Also having a note pad for all my alevel subjects with post-it notes labelling the topics so I can refer to them and revise the topics when I need them. I know I might not get higher than a C/B in alevel biology but I’ll definitely put in that effort needed for the content.

I think you need 6, minimum, for A level biology.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
I think you need 6, minimum, for A level biology.
My 6thform allows for a C(5) , 6 is Desirable.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My 6thform allows for a C(5)

You should ideally be aiming higher than this so you’re comfortable with the demand of content....

Anyways, you sound pretty determined :yy: just make sure you maintain this determination.

As for biology content, it gets pretty complex and having a strong foundation really helps.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
You should ideally be aiming higher than this so you’re comfortable with the demand of content....

Anyways, you sound pretty determined :yy: just make sure you maintain this determination.

As for biology content, it gets pretty complex and having a strong foundation really helps.
I’m pretty much done with exams with 4 weeks left, If there was another alevel I should take, what would you suggest? - I’m going to talk to my biology teacher and ask what she thinks.

English lit: 6
English Lang: 6/7
Chemistry: 5
Biology: 5
Physics: 5
Art: 6
Geography: 4/5/6
Buisness: 6/7
Imedia: 6/7
Maths: 5

I know my grades are not the best (Average)but I’d really like to be a secondary teacher ( in English or geography ), so I’d really like to get into uni, biology was my 3rd choice because it’s interesting however I could preform better in something like business.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m pretty much done with exams with 4 weeks left, If there was another alevel I should take, what would you suggest? - I’m going to talk to my biology teacher and ask what she thinks.

English lit: 6
English Lang: 6/7
Chemistry: 5
Biology: 5
Physics: 5
Art: 6
Buisness: 6/7
Imedia: 6/7
Maths: 5

I kk now my grades are not the best but I’d really like to be a teacher, so I’d really like to get into uni!

I really don’t know your skills and what you’re capable of so I can’t really answer this question.

You need to just pick what you enjoy. Nothing else.
JessicaWw
Rep:
?
I really don’t know your skills and what you’re capable of so I can’t really answer this question.

You need to just pick what you enjoy. Nothing else.
Are 5/6/7s bad grades, I’ve had a few people on here tell me they are?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are 5/6/7s bad grades, I’ve had a few people on here tell me they are?

I wouldn’t say bad. It really depends on where you live. See what your national average is then you can see.

I’m pretty sure when I did mine, grade 6 was like exceptionally good. (Back in 2019)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (176)
44.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.04%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (85)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.8%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.78%

Watched Threads